FLINT, Mich. (AP) — General Motors has restored an old factory in Flint that's considered to be the company's birthplace.
The Durant-Dort Factory One, which reopened Monday, includes event space and an archive with about 100,000 historical documents, photos and other artifacts about carriage building and early automobile manufacturing. The public can visit by appointment.
The archive was relocated from nearby Kettering University.
Charleston ports agency announces record cargo totals for 2016
The State Ports Authority on Monday said it handled a record number of cargo containers for a calendar year in 2016.
The SPA said 1.996 million cargo boxes moved through the Port of Charleston last year, surpassing the 1.985 million boxes handled in 2005.
The number of containers in 2016 was up 1.2 percent over the previous year.
Leading Romanian automobile industry official dies
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Constantin Stroe, a leading figure of Romania's automobile manufacturing industry, has died. He was 74.
Automobile Dacia chief executive Yves Caracatzanis said that Stroe "wrote the history of the Romanian automobile for 48 years." Dacia is part of the French Renault group.
- PR NewswireHonda Secures Auto Industry's Largest Renewable Energy Purchase, Resulting in 60% Reduction in CO(2) Emissions from its North American Manufacturing OperationsSeptember 23, 2019
- Business WireNorth America Automotive Logistics Market to 2027 - Regional Analysis and Forecasts By Type, Services and Sector - ResearchAndMarkets.comSeptember 17, 2019
- Business WireGlobal Aluminum Procurement: 2019 Market Intelligence Report - ResearchAndMarkets.comSeptember 9, 2019
- BusinessWireSouth America Tire Market, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2023 - ResearchAndMarkets.comOctober 12, 2018
- BusinessWireThailand Automobile Manufacturing Industry Report 2018-2022 - Production to Exceed to 2.4 Million Units - ResearchAndMarkets.comSeptember 26, 2018