NATCHEZ, Miss. (AP) — Academy Award Winner Allison Janney will take the stage at a Mississippi theater in a fundraiser for the venue's restoration project.
My First Mentor: Awkwafina
Awkwafina, Tina Fey, Jennifer Lopez to present at Oscars
NEW YORK (AP) — Tina Fey, Whoopi Goldberg and Brie Larson will be presenters at the 91st Academy Awards.
The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences on Monday announced its first slate of presenters. Also among the 13 stars are Daniel Craig, Jennifer Lopez, Amandla Stenberg and Awkwafina.
Chris Evans, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Charlize Theron, Tessa Thompson and Constance Wu will also take the Oscar stage as presenters.
AP Breakthrough Entertainers 2018: Awkwafina
Awkwafina gets dramatic at Sundance
Sundance: A different side of Awkwafina in ‘The Farewell’
PARK CITY, Utah (AP) — Awkwafina's dramatic turn in "The Farewell" has quickly become one of the must-sees at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival. After rising to household name status last summer with breakout comedic roles in "Crazy Rich Asians" and "Ocean's 8," audiences in Park City, Utah, have been raving over the discovery that she's got the chops to make you cry, and not just from laughter.
Still, the 30-year-old New York native wasn't entirely sure she could even pull it off.
2018 Breakthrough: Awkwafina of ‘Crazy Rich Asians’
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Awkwafina became a household name this summer, stealing scenes from the likes of Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock in the heist movie "Ocean's 8" and then as a standout in the cultural phenomenon that was "Crazy Rich Asians."
But even considering her blockbuster summer, the 29-year-old New York native, born Nora Lum, whose dad wanted her to be an air traffic controller, still feels pretty normal.
- AP names its Breakthrough Entertainers of 2018
- 2018 Breakthrough: John David Washington, 'Black KkKlansman'
- 2018 Breakthrough Entertainer: 'Boo'd Up' singer Ella Mai
- AP Breakthrough Entertainers 2018: Natasha Rothwell
- 2018 Breakthrough: Henry Golding of 'Crazy Rich Asians'
- Breakthrough Entertainer: 'Insecure' star Natasha Rothwell
- PHOTO GALLERY: Henry Golding - AP Breakthrough Entertainers 2018
- 2018 Breakthrough Entertainer: Country singer Kane Brown
- PHOTO GALLERY: Elsie Fisher - AP Breakthrough Entertainers 2018
- PHOTO GALLERY - John David Washington
- AP Breakthrough Entertainers 2018: Henry Golding
- 2018 Breakthrough: Elsie Fisher of 'Eighth Grade'
AP names its Breakthrough Entertainers of 2018
A scene-stealer from "Crazy Rich Asians." A teen actress who brought aching realism to a movie about adolescence. A boundary-breaking country star. And a comedian who used everything from laughter to rage to make a searing statement on women and society.
Awkwafina ponders ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ China box office
Viola Davis says ‘stop taming us’ at Hollywood event
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Actress and producer Viola Davis gave a rousing speech about leadership and authenticity to a well-heeled crowd of Hollywood power players Wednesday morning at The Hollywood Reporter's Women in Entertainment breakfast.
- Post-BulletinMila Kunis to star in Breaking News In Yuba CountyMay 23, 2019
- Post-BulletinAwkwafina to star in Crime After CrimeApril 4, 2019
- Post-BulletinAwkwafina: Diversity isn't a trendMarch 8, 2019
- Post-BulletinDaniel Craig, Jennifer Lopez and more to present at OscarsFebruary 7, 2019
- Post-BulletinJon Chu says Crazy Rich Asians sequel will not be 'the same old same old'January 29, 2019