"Rocket Men" (Random House), by Robert Kurson
The first astronauts to orbit the moon ended their 1968 Christmas Eve television broadcast with a personal message for the people of Earth.
No one knew what the three Apollo 8 astronauts would say — not their worried wives 240,000 miles away nor the buttoned-down NASA engineers who meticulously planned every moment of the high-stakes mission to reach the moon before the Soviets.
- The Advocate50 years on, a different view of the planetDecember 30, 2018
- Sentinel & Enterprise'Earthrise': The Photo That Changed How We See Our PlanetDecember 28, 2018
- The Sun'Earthrise': The Stunning Photo That Changed How We See Our PlanetDecember 28, 2018
- The Santa Fe New MexicanA legacy of human achievement — worth another lookDecember 27, 2018
- Columbus TelegramApollo 8, Christmas Eve 1968 and a message for today (copy)December 20, 2018