Former senator says cancer is in remission
PIERRE, S.D. (AP) — Former U.S. Senator Larry Pressler of South Dakota says he's been successfully treated for bladder cancer.
In an interview on KFGO , Pressler says the cancer is in...
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The Catholic archbishop of Louisville, Kentucky, has announced that he's battling bladder cancer.
Seventy-two-year-old Joseph Kurtz has served as archbishop since...
Retiree paints birdhouses for cancer patients
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. (AP) — Bob Taylor sits at his kitchen table with the sunlight shining in through a big window. He dips his small paint brush into the bright pink paint, and strokes the wooden...
VA considering additions for illnesses caused by Agent Orange exposure
Although it’s taken more than one year of review, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is considering adding six new suspected diseases to its list of illnesses that are caused by exposure to Agent Orange.
The new diseases include bladder cancer, Parkinsonism (Parkinson-like symptoms), hypothyroidism, stroke and hypertension.
The possible additions were announced in November by U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs David J. Shulkin.
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — U.S. regulators have approved a new drug that harnesses the immune system to treat bladder cancer that has spread after chemotherapy or surgery.
The Food and Drug Administration on Monday approved Imfinzi for advanced bladder cancer, along with a companion diagnostic test for identifying which patients are most likely to benefit from it.
Monument Marathon helps cancer survivor continue down the path of health
Lisa Stinson has found a new way of living after a health scare almost one year ago. Stinson was diagnosed with stage IV bladder cancer, also referred to as metastatic bladder cancer, in October 2015. After chemotherapy and a few surgeries, her cancer went into remission in March of this year.
Stinson is a licensed clinical psychologist with an office in North Platte.
- Business WireRainier Therapeutics Announces Vofatamab FIERCE-22 Data Accepted for Presentation at ESMO 2019 Annual CongressJuly 29, 2019
- Business WireUS Bladder Cancer Market and Competitive Landscape, 2019 - ResearchAndMarkets.comJuly 3, 2019
- Business WireVaxiion Therapeutics Initiates Phase 1 Clinical Trial of VAX014 for the Treatment of Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer in the United StatesApril 18, 2019
- Globe NewswireRexahn Presents Updated Interim Data From Phase 2a Trial of RX-3117 in Advanced Bladder Cancer at the 2019 ASCO GU SymposiumFebruary 19, 2019
- BusinessWireSesen Bio Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results and Planned VISTA Trial ReadoutsNovember 8, 2018