China’s Beauty Market - 2018 Q4 Skincare Market Review (2019 Report) - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 24, 2019--The “China Beauty Market Report - 2018 Q4 Skincare Market Review” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The perspective on China -the world’s second largest beauty market- is that it will grow to about 53 Billion USD by 2025. As the Chinese market is attracting the interests of global beauty specialists, the Chinese domestic market is becoming increasingly polarized due to the accumulation of rapid consumption experience.
The Chinese economy in a state of flux due to the declining export market caused by the trade war between the United States and China, the China beauty market is currently in the first adjustment period from the rapid growth. The market that had been soaring slowed down last December, and everyone is keeping an eye on the change in the market.
Such changes are clearly shown in this report. The Chinese domestic market developed by K-beauty is moving onto either luxury brands or the C-beauty brands that quickly benchmarked K-beauty. In particular, Chinese local brands have quickly established OEM systems and have begun to establish a stable presence in the Chinese market with strong local marketing power by using SNS platforms like Xiaohongshu and Douyin online. In this regard, 2018 will be marked as the first year that the China beauty market moves to the next level.
This report has been prepared by analyzing the data from more than 3.5 million sales data by products and 2.3 billion buyer reviews from Tmall and Taobao, and more than 10 million data from Xiaohongshu and Weibo. About 40% of China’s cosmetics market is being sold in the online market, and 70% of the sales are generated from Tmall and Taobao. In this regard, this report can be used as a standard to determine the market share or change of the brand in the entire Chinese market.
For complex markets, it is necessary to build a strategy based on clear numbers and the insights that can interpret the numbers. We hope that this report will help you to interpret the rapidly changing China’s cosmetics market more quickly and easily. We also hope that many companies use this report to building a successful strategy in the Chinese market.
In 2018, the size of the Q4 beauty market was about 110 Billion USD (745.2 Billion RMB), down by - 2.4% from the same quarter last year. According to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, the market of 2018 Q4 was about 745.2 billion RMB, meaning that the fast-growing beauty market had slowed down. In Taobao/Tmall distribution network, the main analysis target of this report, about 22.6 billion RMB were sold during the Q4 period. Overall, the highest sales in China was generated in Q4, with Single’s Day on Nov.11 and 12.12 Shopping Day having the highest sales during the year. In the platform, sales from Tmall China totalled 52%, steadily increasing from the last quarter. The market share of China’s national beauty brands is over 50%.
In Q4 of 2018, the M/S of TOP 500 brands by country was China (52%) > Europe (14%) > Japan (11%) > US (11%) > Korea (9%). Chinese local beauty brands that are familiar to the Chinese market are broadening the market share with local marketing power. The number of Chinese local brands entering the TOP 500 is increasing, but at the same time, those entering the TOP 50 is also rapidly increasing, which implies that the influence of local brands in the Chinese market is expected to expand further.
Key Topics Covered
- Q4 China Beauty Market Overview: China Beauty Market in Adjustment Period
- Q4 China Beauty Top Brands: Decline of M/S by Brands as Competition Intensifies
- Q4 Korea Brands Performance: Top 25 Korean Brands by Ranking
- Q4 New Brands In: Attention to Natural, Environment, and Chinese Tradition
- Q4 Skincare Market Issues: Skincare Market in Adjustment Period Due to Growth Stagnation
- Q4 Top 100 Skincare Brand Performance: Competition Based on the Key Products by Brands
- Key Brands to Watch: Attention to the Market Growth of OEM-based Marketing Brands
- Skincare Category Issue: Expansion of Detailed Category Differentiation
4. Market by Category
- Cleansing Market Issue: Emergence of Remover with the Growth of Makeup Market
- Toner Market Issue: Copying and Ingredients
- Lotion/Cream Market Issue: Price Rather Than Function with Chinese OEM Brands
- Essence Market Issue: Attention to Chinese Local Brands
- Eye Care Market Issue: Growth Due to the Expansion of High-function Market
- Lip Care Market Issue Growth of Medicinal Brands
- Suncare Market Issue Growth of Daily Suncare Products
- Mask Market Issue: Adjustment Period of Mask Market
5. Marketing Issue
- Brand Marketing Issue: Health and Beauty of Women Consumers
- Seasonal Marketing Issue: Single’s Day and Christmas
6. Q4 China Beauty Brand Index
- and many more...
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pu69ch
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190424005704/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T. Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Skin Care Products
KEYWORD: ASIA PACIFIC CHINA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL COSMETICS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/24/2019 10:31 AM/DISC: 04/24/2019 10:31 AM