Drayage Solutions Startup BookYourCargo.com Sees 48% Growth in 2018
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 27, 2019--Transportation technology startup BookYourCargo.com announced today that it experienced growth of 48% in 2018 compared to 2017, and has seen growth of 45%-55% year over year since its launch in 2014. Technology-driven freight broker BookYourCargo focuses specifically on developing technology that provides drayage service solutions. The company attributes its consistent growth to its state-of-the-art, web-based platform, which effectively addresses the increasing challenges associated with drayage.
Developed by former freight forwarders, BookYourCargo, a full-service freight brokerage company, was launched five years ago in response to the specific challenges presented by drayage. BookYourCargo created an in-house technology team to develop a drayage-focused, customer-centric aggregator of shippers and truckers on a web-based platform. For truckers, BookYourCargo’s platform helps in managing their return journey/idle hours whereas for shippers, it helps them to accomplish their needs with real-time cargo visibility from origin to the destination. An in-house technology staff allows for ongoing innovation and swift adjustments based on customer needs and the ever-changing landscape.
“Even five years ago, we could see that drayage was becoming a significant pain point. With demurrage and detention fees consistently escalating, drayage is one of the most tedious, expensive and under-served segments of the supply chain. We recognized the role technology and digitization could play in providing solutions,” said Nimesh Modi, CEO, BookYourCargo. “That said, while we are an innovation and technology company, we are actually driven by our commitment to serving our customer and becoming a true problem-solving partner.”
In addition to providing an easy-to-use web-based platform with load boards, AI-enabled Rate Management System, EDI and Predictive analytics, BookYourCargo works closely with its customers to address all their trucking requirements, including offering fully digitized processes for handling administrative aspects, such as billing and scheduling and enhanced planning tools including real-time dashboards. What’s more, BookYourCargo has built special relationships with the drayage community that allow it to promise capacity and capability due to its pool of qualified, active, loyal carriers that it treats well.
“Everyone recognizes the challenges faced by the short-line drivers; long waits at terminals with environmental consideration mandating that they cut their engines. It can be extremely hot or terribly cold. The waits can sometimes allow them only one turnaround, which makes their jobs non-compensatory based on the need to keep trucks and equipment modernized,” said Modi.
Because of the multiple issues, the roster of truckers wanting to do drayage is quickly diminishing. BookYourCargo’s technology and trucker relationships are making this career choice more attractive. Consistently keeping service as the focus, BookYourCargo’s customers consider BookYourCargo their “first choice” for drayage service solutions because it supports its promises to deliver results, including providing a truck even in the midst of a trucker shortage.
Mr. Modi reiterates that:
- Technology is the engine that drives BookYourCargo’s drayage service solutions offerings, which are designed and consistently updated by an in-house technology team.
- BookYourCargo can promise capacity and capability due to its pool of qualified, active, loyal carriers that it treats well.
- BookYourCargo has more than 1,500 trucking companies on board; more than 55,000 shipments executed successfully and it is firmly rooted across USA
- Launched in 2014, this startup, BookYourCargo, has consistently grown about 45%-55% each year due to positive results, commitment to technology that complements service and word of mouth referral
- Ensuring faster transactions and constant control over operations, BookYourCargo’s one-window Technology Aggregation Platform seamlessly integrates all the stakeholders in cargo supply chain, including importers, exporters, shippers, BCOs, NVOs, freight forwarders, on one side and truckers and intermodal operators on the other.
- BookYourCargo provides Instant competitive quotes; live, high-visibility cargo and trucker tracking
- Fully digitalized processes with no more waiting for quotes, no phone calls, no paper work, no idle time for truckers. All this is managed seamlessly by the BookYourCargo platform, resulting in steep increases in efficiencies and reduction in costs.
BookYourCargo.com is a freight brokerage platform that aggregates the shippers and truckers for seamless transportation of cargo across the USA. As a starting point, it displays a real time matrix of trucking rates based on the National Motor Freight System and then tracks and traces the movement of cargo. The company is technology driven and functions through a proprietary state-of-the-art digital platform, leading to higher productivity and steep reduction in costs. BookYourCargo works with retailers and customers across all categories - small, mid-range and large business entities, including retail and commercial shippers. With its extensive domain expertise in logistics and transportation, customers can experience superior technology-enabled solutions catering to the specific issues of this industry.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190227005242/en/
Lisa Aurichio, BSYA
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEW JERSEY
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT TRANSPORT MARITIME TRUCKING LOGISTICS/SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/27/2019 09:00 AM/DISC: 02/27/2019 09:01 AM