Operations Management Master Class (Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago - September 9-11, 2019) - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 24, 2019--
The “Operations Management Master Class” conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Operations management is an area of business concerned with the production of goods and services and involves the responsibility of ensuring that business operations are efficient in terms of using as little resource as needed and effective in terms of meeting customer requirements. It is concerned with managing the process that converts inputs (in the forms of materials, labour and energy) into outputs (in the form of goods and services).
To perform this function effectively, Operations Managers have a number of responsibilities, for examples:
- Aligning the operation’s strategy to the company strategy - developing a clear vision of how the operations should support the company’s long-term objectives; it also means translating goals into implications for performance objectives in terms of quality, speed, dependability, flexibility and cost.
- Deploying the operations strategy - operations management is often characterised by the need to make decisions both frequently and quickly, so it is necessary to have a framework to guide decision making; that is the role of operations strategy.
- Designing the company’s services and processes - in the service sector the product is often a process, the design of which, often, falls into the domain of operations management. In manufacturing sectors processes are designed to prepare a product for market.
- Planning & controlling the operation - is the activity of deciding what the operation’s resources should be doing, then making sure they do it and as efficiently as possible.
- Improving the performance of operations - continuous improvement is the responsibility of all operations managers with a focus on improving quality and reducing costs.
The overall aim of this course is to provide delegates with insights into the role of an operations manager, allow delegates to explore key aspects of operations management and help them improve their impact as an operations manager.
By the end of the programme delegates will be able to:
1. Explain the purpose of operations management and how to align operations management strategies with the organisation’s strategy (Operational Excellence)
2. Outline the approach for aligning the operation to meet the needs and expectations of the customer both internal and external (Service Excellence)
3. Demonstrate an ability to use a number of tools and techniques to improve the performance of key business processes (Process Excellence)
4. Describe a number of approaches to improve the effectiveness of the human resource (Performance Excellence)
5. Outline alternative organisational structures to deliver improved customer service while delivering greater efficiencies (Organisational Excellence)
Who Should Attend:
It is not only for operations managers or factory managers who run operations; it is for all managers in all sectors run some form of operation, for example: a finance manager’s operation processes invoices and other financial transactions, an HR manager’s operation processes recruitment, so if you are responsible for the management of processes then you are an operations manager.
It is designed for all managers: senior, middle, first line and supervisors in all sectors including: manufacturing, financial services, health services, government departments, etc.
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9hdkt9
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190524005237/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Operations Research and Decision Making
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: EDUCATION PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES TRAINING
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/24/2019 11:05 AM/DISC: 05/24/2019 11:05 AM