Six Flags Invites Guests to “Take the Plunge” to Benefit Special Olympics
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 24, 2019--
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE:SIX), the world’s largest regional theme park company and largest operator of waterparks in North America, is partnering with Special Olympics for a fun kickoff to the start of summer. On June 21, the first day of summer and the longest day of the year, guests who raise money for Special Olympics will take the Six Flags Solar Plunge at Hurricane Harbor waterparks across the country. Guests will take the plunge into giant pools filled with blocks of ice.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190524005056/en/
“Six Flags and Special Olympics share a common bond of bringing families together to create lasting memories,” said Six Flags Communications Vice President Sandra Daniels. “This event is our way of honoring a community of incredible Special Olympics athletes and we are encouraging our guests to help raise money to support children and adults with intellectual disabilities and showcase their abilities on and off the field.”
The Six Flags Solar Plunge takes place on the June solstice, the perfect day to enjoy all things summer including a refreshing splash for a great cause. Participants must register through Special Olympics and pay the $25 registration fee in order to “take the plunge” into the ice-chilled waters of a Six Flags waterpark pool.
- Tier 1: Participants who raise $100.00 – $199.99 by 11:59 p.m. ET on June 19, 2019, will receive free park admission for event day.
- Tier 2: Participants who raise $200 – $299.99 by 11:59 p.m. ET on June 19, 2019, will receive free park admission, plus a Six Flags Prize Pack.
- Tier 3: Participants who raise $300 or more by 11:59 p.m. ET on June 19, 2019, will receive free park admission, a Six Flags Prize Pack and a commemorative Solar Plunge medal.
- Top Fundraiser in the Nation: The single participant who raises the largest amount across all parks by 11:59 p.m. ET on June 19, 2019, will receive all of the above, plus four (4) 2020 Six Flags Season Passes to the US theme park or waterpark of their choice.
“Special Olympics is excited to partner with Six Flags to engage new audiences and raise critical funds to support our life-changing work,” said Chad Jones, VP of Global Strategic Partnerships, Special Olympics. “As we work to end discrimination against people with intellectual disabilities and shift perceptions through immersive experiences that show how we are better together, Special Olympics relies on partners like Six Flags that share our commitment to a more inclusive world.”
- Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags America
- Hurricane Harbor Concord*
- Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags Great Adventure
- Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags Great America
- Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags New England
- Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags Over Texas*
- Hurricane Harbor Phoenix
- Hurricane Harbor at The Great Escape
- Hurricane Harbor Splashtown
- Darien Lake Splashtown
- Magic Waters…A Six Flags Waterpark
- Six Flags White Water
*These parks will not have the fundraising component.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.5 billion in revenue and 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com
About Special Oympics
Special Olympics is a global inclusion movement using sport, health, education and leadership programs every day around the world to end discrimination against and empower people with intellectual disabilities. Founded in 1968, and celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year, the Special Olympics movement has grown to more than 6 million athletes and Unified Sports partners in over 190 countries. With the support of more than 1 million coaches and volunteers, Special Olympics delivers 32 Olympic-type sports and over 100,000 games and competitions throughout the year. Special Olympics is supported by individuals, foundations and partners, including Bank of America, the Christmas Records Trust, The Coca-Cola Company, ESPN, Essilor Vision Foundation, the Golisano Foundation, IKEA Foundation, the Lane Family, the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics, Lions Clubs International, Safilo Group, Stavros Niarchos Foundation, TOYOTA, United Airlines, and The Walt Disney Company. Click here for a full list of partners. Engage with us on: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and our blog on Medium. Learn more at www.SpecialOlympics.org.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190524005056/en/
CONTACT: Sandra Daniels
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA TEXAS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENTERTAINMENT OTHER SPORTS TRAVEL DESTINATIONS PHILANTHROPY THEME PARKS CONSUMER SPORTS FAMILY FUND RAISING
SOURCE: Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/24/2019 07:00 AM/DISC: 05/24/2019 07:01 AM