Global Drilling Fluids (Oil-Based, Synthetics-Based, Water-Based) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report 2019-2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 14, 2019--
The “Drilling Fluids Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Oil-Based, Synthetics-Based, Water-Based), By Application (Onshore, Offshore), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global drilling fluids market size is projected to reach USD 10.12 billion by 2025
The market is projected to witness a moderate CAGR of 3.8% over the forecast period, from 2019 to 2025. Revival of new E&P projects along with several upcoming exploration and production bids over the next few years is predicted to spur the market growth over the forecast period.
Development of advanced formulations and performance additives mainly for wells where horizontal or directional drilling is required is projected to create huge opportunities for the industry expansion. Strict regulatory mandates by government regulatory bodies are expected to alter the growth owing to the potential environmental risk associated with upstream operations.
Governments of various countries including U.S, China, India, Australia, and G20 nations, support development of natural gas resources and have undertaken several favorable initiatives to extract hydrocarbons from conventional as well as unconventional sources, such as shale, CBM, and tight gas. Re-initiation of various offshore as well as shale gas basin operations post recovery of crude oil prices during 2017 to 2018 is also anticipated to drive the demand for drilling fluid significantly.
Water based fluids was the most prominent product segment and accounted for over 51% of the total market share in terms of revenue in 2018. The oil-based muds segment has been projected to expand to over USD 2.60 billion by 2025, at CAGR of 2.6% from 2019 to 2025.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Onshore segment is anticipated to increase the revenue up to USD 6.01 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 3.5% over the forecast period
- In 2018, North America held approximately 25% of the global drilling fluids market share owing to favorable government initiatives in U.S. and Canada
- U.S. drilling mud industry has been predicted to capture over 77% of North American market by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 3.8% over the next seven years
- Asia Pacific is expected to reach USD 1.50 Billion by 2025 owing to growing E&P activities in countries such as China and Indonesia
- Large unexplored shale reserves along with anticipated project initiation in several offshore basins in the South China Sea offers lucrative opportunities for market expansion in China in the forthcoming years
- Russia was valued at USD 1.06 billion in 2018 and is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 3.5% from 2019 to 2025
- Major market players include Weatherford International, Baker Hughes, Halliburton, National Oilwell Varco, and Schlumberger
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends, and Scope
3.1 Market lineage outlook
3.1.1 global drilling industry
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3.1 Raw material trends
126.96.36.199 Major Raw Materials Analysis
188.8.131.52 Procurement Best Practices
3.3.2 Manufacturing Trends
184.108.40.206 Technology Trends
220.127.116.11 Outsourcing & Contract Manufacturing Trends
18.104.22.168 Cost Structure Analysis
3.3.3 Sales Channel Analysis
3.3.4 Vendor Selection Criteria Analysis
3.3.5 Profit Margin Analysis
3.3.6 List of Key End-Users by Region/by Product/ by Country
3.4 Technological Overview
3.5 Regulatory Framework
3.5.1 Product Classification Codes
3.5.2 Standard & Compliances
3.6 Drilling Fluids Market Dynamics
3.6.1 Market Driver Analysis
22.214.171.124 Rising global hydrocarbon E & P
126.96.36.199 Shift in trend toward developing unconventional resources
188.8.131.52 Increasing offshore production
3.6.2 Market Restraint Analysis
184.108.40.206 Crude oil price slump
220.127.116.11 Adverse environmental impact of OBF
3.6.3 Industry Challenges
3.7 Key opportunities - Prioritized
3.8 Business Environment Analysis
3.8.1 Porter’s Five Forces
3.8.2 PESTEL Analysis
Chapter 4 Drilling Fluids: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Definition & Scope
4.2 Global Drilling Fluids Market: Source Movement Analysis, 2018 & 2025
4.2.1 Oil based fluids (OBF)
4.2.2 Synthetic based fluids (SBF)
4.2.3 Water based fluids (WBF)
Chapter 5 Drilling Fluids: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Definition & Scope
5.2 Global Drilling Fluids Market: Application Movement Analysis, 2018 & 2025
Chapter 6 Drilling Fluids: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1 Global drilling fluids market: Regional movement analysis, 2018 & 2025
Chapter 7 Competitive & Vendor Landscape
7.1 Key 5 global players & recent developments & their impact on the industry
7.2 Vendor Landscape
7.2.1 List of key distributors and channel partners
7.2.2 Key company market share analysis, 2018
7.3 Major Market Players Overview
7.4 Competitive Environment
7.5 Strategic Framework
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
- Baker Hughes, Inc.
- Halliburton, Inc.
- Weatherford International.
- Schlumberger Limited.
- Newpark Resources, Inc.
- Anchor Drilling Fluids USA, LLC.
- TETRA Technologies, Inc.
- Petrochem Performance Chemicals Ltd. LLC.
- Canadian Energy Services & Technology Corporation.
- International Drilling Fluids and Engineering Services (IDEC) Ltd.
- China Oilfield Services Limited.
- Flotek Industries, Inc.
- Global Drilling Fluids and Chemicals Limited.
- National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
- Scomi Group Bhd
- Catalyst LLC.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/uycpcl
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191114005726/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: CHEMICALS/PLASTICS ENERGY MANUFACTURING OIL/GAS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 11/14/2019 01:13 PM/DISC: 11/14/2019 01:13 PM