Global Fertilizer Additive Market Set to Reach $3.96 Billion by 2027 - Breakdown by Function, Application, Form & Geography - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 25, 2019--
The “Fertilizer Additive Market to 2027 - Global Analysis and Forecasts by Function, Application, Form, and Geography” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global fertilizer additive market is expected to reach US$ 3,963 Mn in 2027 from US$ 3,216.2 Mn in 2018. The global fertilizer additive market is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 2.4% from 2019-2027.
The market is driven by factors such as robust growth of fertilizer industry, increasing population and decreasing arable land, and rising research and development in the fertilizers.
The demand for fertilizers in many countries has been growing due to the increasing demand for food grains on account of the rising population. The institutions such as the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) have published estimations of an increase in global food demand out to 2050. The FAO projections show that world food demand may rise by 70% by 2050. The global food demand is anticipated to come from rising consumer incomes in regions such as Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.
Also, a report published by the Joint Research Centre in 2018, an area half the size of Europe is undergoing severe degradation and will become inappropriate for farming every year. Also, a report published by the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services supported by the Joint Research Centre’s claim with the area of arable land shrinking and demand for food on the rise, farmers are frequently using fertilizers to boost the production.
According to a study conducted in 2015 at the University of Sheffield’s Grantham Centre for Sustainable Futures in Britain, ~33% of the world’s adequate or high-quality food-producing land has vanished in the past 40 years due to the use of chemical fertilizers, frequent plowing, and climate change. In conjunction with the expected growth rates of the global population, governments are focusing on the development of sustainable agriculture. This will enable them to considerably increase their food production. However, as a result of growing urbanization levels, available arable land is expected to decrease further.
Due to this, fertilizers are likely to play an essential role in increasing the average crop yields per hectare. However, the quality and performance of fertilizers may deteriorate with time. Fertilizer additives aid in the production, handling, storage, and transportation of fertilizers. The additives help fertilizers maintain their shape, limit caking, decrease dust formation during manufacture, and avoid wetting of fertilizers. Thus, the growing use of fertilizers in agricultural practices is estimated to fuel the growth of the fertilizer additives market.
Reasons to Buy
- Save and reduce time carrying out entry level research by identifying the growth, size, leading players and segments in the fertilizer additive market.
- Highlights key business priorities in order to assist companies to realign their business strategies.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the global fertilizer additive market, thereby allowing players across the value chain to develop effective long-term strategies.
- Develop/modify business expansion plans by using substantial growth offering developed and emerging markets.
- Scrutinize indepth global market trends and outlook coupled with the factors driving the market, as well as those hindering it.
- Enhance the decision-making process by understanding the strategies that underpin security interest with respect to client products, segmentation, pricing and distribution.
Key Industry Dynamics
- Robust Growth of Fertilizers Industry
- Increasing Population & Decreasing Arable Land
- Rising Research & Development in Fertilizers Industry
- Environmental Impact of Chemical Fertilizers
- Growth Potential in Emerging Countries
- Innovative Manufacturing Processes
- Arkema Group
- Kao Corporation
- Chemipol S.A.
- Chemsol LLC
- Dorf Ketal
- Michelman Inc.
- Omex Agriculture Inc.
- Novochem Group
For more information about this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7nln2w.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191125005547/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T. Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: AGRICULTURE NATURAL RESOURCES ENVIRONMENT
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 11/25/2019 10:17 AM/DISC: 11/25/2019 10:17 AM