MAY 22: Multi-Platinum Artist Andy Grammer and Local Dancers with Down Syndrome Entertain at Global Down Syndrome Foundation AcceptAbility Gala
--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 22, 2019--
Global Down Syndrome Foundation:
Multi-platinum pop artist Andy Grammer, Nashville-based The Ransom Notes, and local dancers who happen to have Down syndrome will entertain and inspire attendees of the Global Down Syndrome Foundation (Global) AcceptAbility Gala, a fundraiser taking place at Hilton Washington, DC National Mall. The event features prelude performances by RhythmXpress and Devenio that showcase the abilities of people with Down syndrome as well as celebrities including ABC’s Kyra Phillips, Fox News’ John Roberts, and members of Congress. During the event, Global will honor ambassador CC Mullen of Arlington, Va., while Senator Roy Blunt and Representative Cheri Bustos will receive Quincy Jones Exceptional Advocacy Award for their continuous support of those with Down syndrome.
- Honoree Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO)
- Honoree Rep. Cheri Bustos (D-IL)
- Andy Grammer, Multi-Platinum Pop Artist
- The Ransom Notes, a Nashville-based band of three siblings, one who has Down syndrome
- Kyra Phillips, ABC, and Gala Emcee
- John Roberts, Fox News
- CC Mullen, 2019 Global Ambassador from Arlington, VA
- Frank Stephens, Global Ambassador from Fairfax, VA
- Michelle Sie Whitten, President & CEO, Global Down Syndrome Foundation
- Dr. Joaquín Espinosa, Executive Director, Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome
- Two DC metro region dance troupes, RhythmXpress, and Devenio —whose members have Down syndrome
- Other notables such as Congressman Tom Cole (R-OK), Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA), Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), Congressman Pete Stauber (R-MN), Senator Steve Daines (R-MT) and more.
Wednesday, May 22, 2019; 6:00 p.m. — 10:00 p.m.
Down syndrome is the leading cause of developmental delay in the U.S., yet it is often overlooked by the federal government. The Global Down Syndrome Foundation is the lead advocacy non-profit working with self-advocates, congressional champions and the National Institutes of Health to advance Down syndrome research that will lead to elongation of life and improved quality of life.
Hilton Washington, DC National Mall
480 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC 20024
To cover the event or receive photos, contact Shawn Flaherty at 703-554-3609. For more information, visit www.globaldownsyndrome.org.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190522005003/en/
Shawn Flaherty, 703-554-3609
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENTERTAINMENT MUSIC HEALTH CELEBRITY PUBLIC POLICY/GOVERNMENT HEALTHCARE REFORM MENTAL HEALTH OTHER POLICY ISSUES PUBLIC POLICY STATE/LOCAL PHILANTHROPY CHILDREN PARENTING EVENTS/CONCERTS CONSUMER FAMILY FOUNDATION
SOURCE: Global Down Syndrome Foundation
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/22/2019 06:15 AM/DISC: 05/22/2019 06:15 AM