Applied DNA’s Platform Empowers President Trump’s Anti-Counterfeiting Memorandum Signed Today to Protect American Consumers and Industries
STONY BROOK, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 3, 2019--Applied DNA Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ: APDN), a leader in PCR-based DNA manufacturing for product authenticity and traceability solutions, announced its recognition of and alignment with the Memorandum signed today by President Donald Trump to help protect American consumers, manufacturers, and factory workers from counterfeiting.
Applied DNA is using its patented molecular tagging to fight illegal counterfeiting across a variety of industries for its customer base including retailers, consumer product manufacturers of textiles and pharmaceuticals, and the United States Government, assisting in securing the Department of Defense (DoD) supply chain.
Specific programs to provide commercial, law enforcement and DoD counterfeit risk mitigation include:
- Applied DNA has definitive agreements with leading manufacturers for products sold at retail in Bed Bath & Beyond, Costco, Amazon and other retail stores and online commerce sites.
- Since 2011, the Company’s technology has been protecting microcircuits for DoD with nearly a million parts tagged.
- Development contracts since 2014 have engaged Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), the Army, USDA, Missile Defense Agency and other trade and intelligence agencies to protect critical industrial components such as bearings, lubricants, gaskets, electronics equipment and packaging.
- Currently running is an anti-counterfeiting technology-expanding competitive-bid development contract awarded in June 2017, funded by the Office of the Secretary of Defense on behalf of DLA, with collaboration from the Army’s Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Chemical Biological Center.
- In European courtrooms, the Company’s award-winning technology has been used as evidence and its forensics scientists have testified as expert witness in support of cases which have resulted in convictions of 138 offenders for a total of 670 sentence-years in crimes related to ATM cash thefts, automobile-parts theft and resale online as new, and law enforcement stings including drug enforcement.
Applied DNA’s approach to authenticate and protect global supply chains is based on the Company’s patented CertainT® platform of Tag, Test and Track, which provides benefits in anti-counterfeiting, diversion, IP protection and claims substantiation such as country of origin and sustainability.
“We are happy to see attention at the Federal level on this global issue to protect American consumers and American manufacturers and brands,” stated Dr. James Hayward, president and CEO of Applied DNA. “Our CertainT platform is proven to provide transparency, traceability and trust across the global marketplace and can empower the President’s directive.”
NOTE: Dr. James Hayward is available for interviews.
About Applied DNA Sciences
Applied DNA is a provider of molecular technologies that enable supply chain security, anti-counterfeiting and anti-theft technology, product genotyping and pre-clinical nucleic acid-based therapeutic drug candidates.
Applied DNA makes life real and safe by providing innovative, molecular-based technology solutions and services that can help protect products, brands, entire supply chains, and intellectual property of companies, governments and consumers from theft, counterfeiting, fraud and diversion.
Common stock listed on NASDAQ under the symbol APDN, and warrants are listed under the symbol APDNW.
The statements made by Applied DNA in this press release may be “forward-looking” in nature within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements describe Applied DNA’s future plans, projections, strategies and expectations, and are based on assumptions and involve a number of risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the control of Applied DNA. Actual results could differ materially from those projected due to its history of net losses, limited financial resources, limited market acceptance and various other factors detailed from time to time in Applied DNA’s SEC reports and filings, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K filed on December 18, 2018 and our subsequent quarterly report on Form 10-Q filed on February 7, 2019, and other reports we file with the SEC, which are available at www.sec.gov. Applied DNA undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements to reflect new information, events or circumstances after the date hereof to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events, unless otherwise required by law.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190403005793/en/
CONTACT: investor contact: Sanjay M. Hurry, 212-838-3777,email@example.com
media contact: Meryl Rader, 781-639-4924,firstname.lastname@example.org
program contact: MeiLin Wan, 631-240-8849,email@example.com
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEW YORK
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OTHER TECHNOLOGY HEALTH BIOTECHNOLOGY MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING OTHER MANUFACTURING RETAIL GENERAL HEALTH
SOURCE: Applied DNA Sciences Inc.
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/03/2019 02:05 PM/DISC: 04/03/2019 02:05 PM