Council for Citizens Against Government Waste Releases 2018 Congressional Ratings
WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 3, 2019--The Council for Citizens Against Government Waste (CCAGW) today released its 2018 Congressional Ratings, highlighting the voting records of all 535 voting members of Congress during the second session of the 115th Congress. The report, which CCAGW has issued since 1989, identifies members whose voting records helped protect taxpayer dollars, as well as those who consistently voted against their interests.
CCAGW 2018 Congressional Ratings Facts:
CCAGW rates members on a 0 to 100 percent scale. Members are placed in the following categories:
- Hostile: 0-19 percent.
- Unfriendly: 20-39 percent.
- Lukewarm: 40-59 percent.
- Friendly: 60-79 percent.
- Taxpayer Hero: 80-99 percent.
- Taxpayer Super Hero: 100 percent.
- In 2018, CCAGW scored 55 votes in the House of Representatives and 14 votes in the Senate.
- In 2017, CCAGW rated 93 votes in the House and 27 votes in the Senate.
- In 2018, four senators earned the coveted title of “Taxpayer Super Hero” with a perfect score of 100 percent: Sens. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), Mike Lee (R-Utah), Rand Paul (R-Ky.), and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.).
- In 2017, one senator earned “Taxpayer Super Hero” status.
Five representatives earned perfect scores of 100 percent.
- Reps. Ken Buck (R-Colo.), Ted Budd (R-N.C.), Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.), Raul Labrador (R-Idaho), and Tom McClintock (R-Calif.).
- In 2017, 11 representatives earned 100 percent.
- At the other end of the spectrum, 24 representatives and seven senators earned an abysmal score of zero in 2018.
CCAGW President Tom Schatz said in a statement:
“We applaud the Taxpayer Heroes for their votes to cut wasteful spending and defend the interests of taxpayers. In this perilous fiscal time, the actions of these members are an encouraging sign, and their constituents should congratulate them. However, there are still far too many lawmakers who supported expanding the federal bureaucratic state at taxpayer expense in 2018. Hopefully, these reckless spenders will change their porkish ways in 2019 and vote to eliminate the extensive waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement that still plagues the Washington swamp.”
The Council for Citizens Against Government Waste is the lobbying arm of Citizens Against Government Waste, the nation’s largest nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement in government.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190403005133/en/
Curtis Kalin (202) 467-5318
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PUBLIC POLICY/GOVERNMENT CONGRESSIONAL NEWS/VIEWS PUBLIC POLICY WHITE HOUSE/FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
SOURCE: Council for Citizens Against Government Waste
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/03/2019 09:00 AM/DISC: 04/03/2019 09:00 AM