Comedian George Lopez and LA Dodger Star Justin Turner to Sell Chili Dogs for Charity at Pink’s to Celebrate Pink’s 80th Anniversary!
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 11, 2019--
Pink’s Hot Dogs:
- WHO: George Lopez, on Monday and LA Dodger Justin Turner on Tuesday will be at Pink’s landmark Hot Dog stand to sell CHILI DOGS FOR CHARITY for 80 cents for 80 minutes at 8 p.m. and 100% of the proceeds will go to the their charitable foundations. The regular price is $4.80 so 80 cents is a $4 savings per hot dog. The limit is 8 per person.
- WHAT: To commemorate the 80th anniversary of this family owned and operated hot dog stand, the Pink family has invited George Lopez on Monday evening and Justin Turner on Tuesday night at 8 p.m. to help raise money for charity by selling Pink’s famous chili dogs.
- WHEN: George Lopez will be at Pink’s on Monday evening at 8 p.m. and Justin Turner will be at Pink’s on Tuesday evening at 8 p.m.
- WHERE: Pink’s Hot Dogs is located near the intersection of La Brea and Melrose in Hollywood. The corner was recently designated by the LA City Council “Pink’s Square.”
- WHY: Pink’s is thanking Los Angeles for 80 years. Pink’s was started by Paul and Betty Pink in 1939 with just a pushcart and a $50 family loan. In those days Pink’s offered curb service. Hot dogs were 10 cents and Cokes were a nickel. After years of building their business, today Pink’s sells over 1500 hot dogs a day. Pink’s is famous for its celebrity wall of fame with over 200 movie and TV stars who have dined at Pink’s over the years. Orson Welles holds the record for the most hot dogs consumed at one sitting – 18.
- HOW: After the appearances by George Lopez and Justin Turner, Pink’s will continue selling chili dogs for charity with players from the LAFC soccer team at Pink’s on Wednesday, LA Councilmembers on Thursday and the Pasadena Rose Queen and her Court on Friday.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191111005178/en/
CONTACT: Pink’s Hot Dogs
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: BASEBALL ENTERTAINMENT SPORTS RESTAURANT/BAR GENERAL SPORTS EVENTS/CONCERTS PHILANTHROPY OTHER ENTERTAINMENT CELEBRITY FUND RAISING RETAIL OTHER PHILANTHROPY
SOURCE: Pink’s Hot Dogs
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 11/11/2019 08:15 AM/DISC: 11/11/2019 08:15 AM