Global Bone Densitometer Market Forecast, 2019-2024 - Lucrative Growth Opportunities in Emerging Markets - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 26, 2019--
The “Bone Densitometer Market by Type (DEXA, Peripheral [Radiography, Quantitative Absorptiometer]), Application (Osteopenia & Osteoporosis, Cystic Fibrosis, CKD, Rheumatoid Arthritis), End User (Hospital, Diagnostic Centres) - Global Forecast to 2024” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
- This report analyzes the market for various bone densitometers and their adoption patterns.
- It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of the global bone densitometers market and its type, application, end-user, and regional segments.
- The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in this market, along with their company profiles, product offerings, and recent developments.
The bone densitometers market is projected to reach USD 311 million by 2024 from USD 247 million in 2019, at a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period
The growth in the bone densitometers market is majorly driven by the increasing prevalence of osteoporosis and the rising geriatric population. However, factors such as the high cost of bone densitometers and low awareness are expected to hinder the growth of this market.
The dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) scanners segment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period
Based on the type, the bone densitometers market is segmented into dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) scanners and peripheral bone densitometers. The dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) scanners segment is projected to witness the highest growth in the bone densitometers market during the forecast period. Growth in this segment is attributed to their advantages over peripheral bone densitometers. Moreover, results obtained from DXA scanners can be interpreted using WHO scores for greater accuracy, which accounts for their high use.
The osteoporosis & osteopenia diagnosis segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018
On the basis of application, the bone densitometers market has been segmented into osteoporosis & osteopenia diagnosis, body composition measurement, rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis, cystic fibrosis diagnosis, and chronic kidney disease diagnosis. The osteoporosis & osteopenia diagnosis segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018. This can be attributed to the growing geriatric population and the subsequent increase in the prevalence of osteoporosis, the increasing risk of osteoporosis in menopausal women, and the growing global incidence of fragility fractures.
In 2018, the hospitals & speciality clinics segment accounted for the largest share of the market
Based on end-user, the bone densitometers market is segmented into hospitals & speciality clinics, diagnostic & imaging centres, and other end users. In 2018, hospitals & speciality clinics accounted for the largest share of the bone densitometers market, and this trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The majority of bone density scans are performed in hospitals owing to the higher preference of patients for hospital-based treatment monitoring for diseases such as cystic fibrosis, chronic kidney diseases, and osteoporosis.
North America is expected to hold the largest share for players operating in the bone densitometers market
North America accounted for the largest share of the bone densitometers market in 2018. Factors such as high consumer awareness, increase in healthcare expenditure, increasing the prevalence of osteoporosis, and the presence of key market players in the region are among the few factors expected to contribute to the growth of this market.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by the top players in the global bone densitometers market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging regions by type, application, end-user, and region.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about the new product, growing geographies, and recent developments in the global bone densitometers market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market ranking, growth strategies, revenue analysis, and services of leading players in the global bone densitometers market
- Rising Incidence of Osteoporosis
- Rising Geriatric Population
- Rising Prevalence of Kidney Disease
- High Cost of Bone Densitometers
- Growth Opportunities in Emerging Markets
- Lack of Access to Diagnostics
- Unfavorable Reimbursement Scenario
- Hospital Budget Cuts
- Ampall Co., Ltd.
- Anjue Medical Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Beammed, Ltd.
- Diagnostic Medical Systems Group
- Echolight S.P.A
- Eurotec Medical Systems S.R.L.
- Furuno Electric Co., Ltd.
- GE Healthcare
- Hologic, Inc.
- L’acn L’accessorio Nucleare S.R.L
- Medonica Co., Ltd.
- Nanoomtech Co., Ltd.
- OSI Systems, Inc.
- Osteosys Corporation
- Scanflex Healthcare AB
- Shenzen Xray Electric Co., Ltd.
- Swissray Global Healthcare Holding, Ltd.
- Xianyang Kanrota Digital Ultrasound System, Co., Ltd.
- Xingaoyi Co., Ltd.
- Yozma Bmtech Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/num5yi
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191126005487/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: BIOTECHNOLOGY HEALTH MEDICAL DEVICES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 11/26/2019 08:31 AM/DISC: 11/26/2019 08:31 AM