Analysis & Outlook on the World’s Alumina & Aluminum Production & Processing Market, 2014-2019 & 2022 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 14, 2019--
The “Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Global Market Forecast To 2022” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the global alumina and aluminum production and processing market, accounting for 66% of the market in 2018. Western Europe was the second largest region accounting for 11% of the global alumina and aluminum production and processing market. Africa was the smallest region in the global alumina and aluminum production and processing market.
Aluminum manufacturers are producing customized aluminum alloys for automobile manufacturers to produce light weigh vehicles. The use of aluminum alloys in vehicles reduces carbon emissions Increases fuel economy and improves overall stability as aluminum alloys considerably reduces vehicle body weight.
This is primarily driven by stringent emission regulations and growing pressure to improve economy by many national and state governments. For instance, the US government’s federal emission standards, makes it mandatory for automobile manufacturers to increase corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) from 35.5 miles per gallon (mpg) in 2016 to 54.5 mpg by 2025. This increase in CAFE is being achieved by increasing the aluminum content in the vehicle’s body to reduce its weight by around 30%.
In line with this trend, global automobile manufacturers are increasing the aluminum content in their vehicles. For instance, in 2015, automobile manufacturer Ford launched its all-aluminum body F-150 mini truck which was 700 pounds lighter than the vehicle’s earlier version. Similarly, automobile manufacturer Cadillac uses a mix of steel and aluminum for its CT6 luxury cars launched in 2015.
This report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider metal manufacturing market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers all the regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
- The alumina and aluminum production and processing market section of the report gives context. It compares the alumina and aluminum production and processing market with other segments of the metal manufacturing market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, alumina and aluminum production and processing indicators comparison.
- Markets Covered: Aluminum Product Manufacturing From Purchased Aluminum, Secondary Smelting And Alloying Of Aluminum, Alumina Refining And Primary Aluminum Production
- Companies Mentioned: Rio Tinto, Weiqiao/ Hongqiao Group, United Co RUSAL PLC, Alcoa, Norsk Hydro
- Metrics Covered: Number of Enterprises, Number of Employees
- Regions: Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East, Africa
- Time series: Five years historic and forecast
- Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, GDP proportions, expenditure per capita, alumina and aluminum production and processing indicators comparison
- Data segmentation: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Structure
3. Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market Characteristics
3.1. Market Definition
3.2. Key Segmentations
4. Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market Product Analysis
4.1. Leading Products/ Services
4.2. Key Features and Differentiators
4.3. Development Products
5. Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market Supply Chain
5.1. Supply Chain
5.3. End Customers
6. Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market Customer Information
6.1. Customer Preferences
6.2. End Use Market Size and Growth
7. Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market Trends And Strategies
8. Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market Size And Growth
8.1. Market Size
8.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
8.2.1. Drivers Of The Market
8.2.2. Restraints On The Market
8.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
8.3.1. Drivers Of The Market
8.3.2. Restraints On The Market
9. Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market Regional Analysis
9.1. Global Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market, 2018, By Region, Value ($ Billion)
9.2. Global Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market, 2014 - 2022, Historic And Forecast, By Region
9.3. Global Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market, Growth And Market Share Comparison, By Region
10. Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market Segmentation
10.1. Global Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market, Segmentation By Type, 2014 - 2022, Value ($ Billion)
10.1.1. Aluminum Product Manufacturing From Purchased Aluminum
10.1.2. Secondary Smelting And Alloying Of Aluminum
10.1.3. Alumina Refining And Primary Aluminum Production
11. Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market Metrics
11.1. Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market Size, Percentage Of GDP, 2014 - 2022, Global
11.2. Per Capita Average Alumina And Aluminum Production And Processing Market Expenditure, 2014 - 2022, Global
- Rio Tinto
- Weiqiao/ Hongqiao Group
- United Co RUSAL PLC
- Norsk Hydro
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/1wd3x2
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191114005862/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T. Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: NATURAL RESOURCES OTHER MANUFACTURING MANUFACTURING MINING/MINERALS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 11/14/2019 04:01 PM/DISC: 11/14/2019 04:01 PM