CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) — Illinois state climate scientists say June was rainy in the state with lower temperatures than average.
The Illinois State Climatologist Office at the University of...
RENO, Nev. (AP) — July was the hottest month in Reno in 125 years of record-keeping, the National Weather Service said Wednesday.
The mean average temperature for July was 81.8 degrees at Reno-Tahoe International Airport — 6.9 degrees above normal and 1.3 degrees higher than the second warmest July on record. That was last summer.
Reno also tied the warmest overnight low of 77 degrees for July on Monday, the weather service said.
- The ConversationData science could help Californians battle future wildfiresNovember 12, 2019
- The ConversationVeterans are concerned about climate change, and that mattersNovember 8, 2019
- The ConversationEmperor Penguins could march to extinction if nations fail to halt climate changeNovember 7, 2019
- The ConversationAs the climate changes, architects and engineers need to design buildings differentlyOctober 24, 2019
- The ConversationThere's evidence that climate activism could be swaying public opinion in the USSeptember 21, 2019