Corning, Xerox gain ground, Harley-Davidson sinks
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily on Tuesday:
Pfizer Inc., up $1.24 to $40.77
The world's largest drugmaker reported mixed fourth-quarter results that topped forecasts, but gave a weak outlook.
Harley-Davidson Inc., down $1.85 to $34.76
The motorcycle maker reported lackluster fourth-quarter results, with sales and shipments falling.
Corning: 3Q Earnings Snapshot
CORNING, N.Y. (AP) _ Corning Inc. (GLW) on Tuesday reported third-quarter profit of $625 million.
The Corning, New York-based company said it had profit of 67 cents per share. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring gains, came to 51 cents per share.
The results surpassed Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of five analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 48 cents per share.
Corning: 2Q Earnings Snapshot
CORNING, N.Y. (AP) _ Corning Inc. (GLW) on Wednesday reported second-quarter net income of $738 million.
On a per-share basis, the Corning, New York-based company said it had net income of 78 cents. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring gains, came to 38 cents per share.
The results beat Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of six analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 37 cents per share.
Apple has its investment shoes on this week
SHERMAN, Texas (AP) — Apple has made its second notable investment this week, the latest into the facial recognition technology company, Finisar.
The $390 million investment announced Wednesday comes from Apple's $1 billion Advanced Manufacturing Fund, created to finance the work of domestic manufacturers and create jobs in the U.S.
Apple announced the creation of the fund in May and plowed $200 million into Corning Inc., the maker of the Gorilla Glass that is used in Apple's touchscreens.
3M will sell Corning its optical-fiber telecom business for $900 million
3M Co. will sell its optical fiber and copper connectivity business to Corning Inc. for $900 million, company officials announced Monday.
New York-based glass producer Corning Inc. says it has no immediate plans for the huge shuttered Hynix computer-chip plant it recently bought in west Eugene.
Corning buys long-shuttered plant in Eugene, Oregon
EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — Corning Inc. has been revealed as the winner bidder in the recent auction of the former Hynix computer chip plant in Eugene.
The Register-Guard reports a deed filed this week in Lane County shows Corning subsidiary Damon Enterprises paid $13.39 million for the shuttered 1.2 million-square-foot plant.
New York-based Corning Inc. is the mystery buyer of the former Hynix computer chip plant in west Eugene, a Corning spokesman said Tuesday.
Corning Inc. (NYSE: GLW) and its Corning Optical Communications subsidiary plan to invest $176 million in facilities in Catawba and Cabarrus counties, creating 410 jobs over the next two years, officials said Monday.
Corning Optical plans to add 205 jobs in 2 expansions
HICKORY, N.C. (AP) — Corning Optical Communications plans to add 205 jobs over the next five years at its facilities in Hickory and Winston-Salem.
North Carolina officials announced Monday the company plans to invest nearly $83.5 million.
Corning Optical provides fiber optic communications for voice, data and video networks. Its parent company is Corning Inc. The company already employs more than 3,000 people across North Carolina.
- Globe NewswireReport: Exploring Fundamental Drivers Behind Performance Food Group, The Middleby, Best Buy Co., Owens Corning, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, and Choice Hotels International — New Horizons, Emerging Trends, and Upcoming DevelopmentsMarch 5, 2019
- Globe NewswireReport: Developing Opportunities within Celsius, Empire Resorts, Owens Corning, Energy Focus, Graham, and Gencor Industries — Future Expectations, Projections Moving into 2018November 16, 2018
- BusinessWirePhotonic Crystals Markets: Global Strategic Business Outlook 2018-2024 featuring 15 Key & Niche Player Profiles - ResearchAndMarkets.comAugust 17, 2018
- Globe NewswireResearch Report Identifies Acushnet, Capitol Federal Financial, Laredo Petroleum, Intrexon, Corning, and Idera Pharmaceuticals with Renewed Outlook — Fundamental Analysis, Calculating Forward MovementAugust 14, 2018
- BusinessWireIrvine Scientific Now Offers Falcon® IVF Products in the United StatesAugust 1, 2018