Starting April 9, Beatrice Community Hospital will offer a new type of mammography that’s aimed at reducing both false positives and false negatives in breast cancer screening.
It’s called digital breast tomosynthesis or 3D mammography, and it has the potential to reduce false positives by nearly half and can identify breast cancers that might have been missed by traditional mammogram somewhere between 10 and 60 percent more often.
DANBURY — Northeast Radiology has been awarded the distinction as a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology, the company announced recently.
MANISTEE — New technology at Munson Healthcare Manistee Hospital allows radiologists to better screen patients for abnormalities in breast tissue.
The hospital recently began using 3D tomography for breast screening exams in addition to standard two-dimensional mammograms. The technology takes multiple images of the breast to give radiologists greater opportunity to view tissue.
MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP) — A health network that fell victim to a worldwide cyberattack last week says that all acute, ambulatory and ancillary care services have been restored at its medical neighborhoods and satellite community locations.
Heritage Valley Health System made the announcement Monday. The cyberattack affected the entire health system on June 27.
BEAVER, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania health network victimized by a worldwide cyberattack still isn't offering lab and diagnostic imaging services at 14 community and neighborhood offices, but is otherwise operating normally.
A new study suggests a staggering number of low-value medical tests and diagnostic imaging were conducted by Minnesota health care facilities in 2014.
The discoveries in the first-of-its-kind study confirm longstanding concerns about the state's health care system.
- Business WireGlobal Breast Imaging Market by Technology and End-user - Forecast to 2024: A $5.2 Billion Opportunity - ResearchAndMarkets.comApril 10, 2019
- Business WireLantheus Enters Strategic Collaboration with Cerevast for Potential New Eye Care Application Using MicrobubblesApril 2, 2019
- Business WireITM and United Imaging team up in strategic partnership to cover Chinese and global cancer imaging marketsApril 2, 2019
- The Herald-DispatchGeorge Will: Markets a better determinant of society's needsAugust 17, 2018
- The Herald-DispatchMarkets a better determinant of society's needsAugust 17, 2018
- The Times-TribuneDiagnosing FavoritismAugust 16, 2018
- Daily Times-CallLongmont United Hospital Investing $3M in New MRI Machine, Upgraded Digital Imaging AreaJune 12, 2018