Arthritis includes more than 100 rheumatic diseases and conditions that affect joints. If you are living with arthritis, here are a few things you should consider.
1. Arthritis can affect people of all ages.
Many people think of arthritis as an affliction that only affects adults as they reach old age or athletes who have suffered an injury (known as osteoarthritis).
Although the incidence of arthritis does increase with age, younger people can also be affected by the disease.
Men, you probably read the news, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that men are much less likely to go to their doctor than women. The CDC also indicated that chronic diseases and conditions — such as heart disease, stroke, Type 2 diabetes, obesity and arthritis — are among the most common, costly and preventable of all health problems. Seven of the top 10 causes of death in 2010 were chronic diseases.
- Business WireOcular Therapeutix Announces DEXTENZA® (dexamethasone ophthalmic insert) Recommended for Unique J-Code by CMSMay 1, 2019
- Business WireOcular Therapeutix, Inc. Settles Litigation with Mati Therapeutics, Inc.April 30, 2019
- Business WireOcular Therapeutix™ to Present New Data at the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) Annual Meeting and at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) SymposiumApril 24, 2019
- Business WireOcular Therapeutix™ Reports Changes to Board of DirectorsApril 23, 2019