Arthritis includes more than 100 rheumatic diseases and conditions that affect joints. If you are living with arthritis, here are a few things you should consider.
1. Arthritis can affect people of all ages.
Many people think of arthritis as an affliction that only affects adults as they reach old age or athletes who have suffered an injury (known as osteoarthritis).
Although the incidence of arthritis does increase with age, younger people can also be affected by the disease.
Men, you probably read the news, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that men are much less likely to go to their doctor than women. The CDC also indicated that chronic diseases and conditions — such as heart disease, stroke, Type 2 diabetes, obesity and arthritis — are among the most common, costly and preventable of all health problems. Seven of the top 10 causes of death in 2010 were chronic diseases.
- Business WireOcular Therapeutix™ Reports Second Quarter 2019 Financial Results and Business UpdateAugust 7, 2019
- Business WireOcular Therapeutix™ Reports Changes to Board of DirectorsApril 23, 2019
- Globe NewswireVaccinex Reports Fourth Quarter 2018 Financial Results and Provides Corporate UpdateMarch 13, 2019
- BusinessWireAzitra’s Clinical Study of AZT-04 for Cosmetic Use Completes EnrollmentJanuary 30, 2019
- BusinessWireOcular Therapeutix™ Submits Supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) for DEXTENZA® (dexamethasone ophthalmic insert) for the Treatment of Ocular Inflammation Following Ophthalmic SurgeryJanuary 10, 2019