City set to fund program set up by 2 arrested at Starbucks
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Philadelphia is looking for a non-profit group to help set up a program for young entrepreneurs, a key part of the city's settlement with two black men who were arrested for sitting at a Starbucks without ordering anything.
Project Elevate was established by Rashon Nelson and Donte Robinson and will operate in city high schools.
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Philadelphia Police Department on Friday announced a new policy on how to confront people accused of trespassing on private property, two months after coming under fire for arresting two black men waiting for a colleague at a Starbucks.
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Two black men arrested for sitting at a Philadelphia Starbucks without ordering anything settled with the world's biggest coffee-shop chain Wednesday for an undisclosed sum and an offer of a free college education.
Separately, they reached a deal with the city for a symbolic $1 each and a promise from officials to set up a $200,000 program for young entrepreneurs.
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Latest on the case of two black men arrested at a Philadelphia Starbucks (all times local):
Starbucks says a settlement it reached with two black men arrested at one of its Philadelphia shops includes an offer of a free college education.
The coffee shop chain says the two can complete their degrees through a partnership it has with Arizona State University.
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Former Attorney General Eric Holder is questioning the recent arrest of two black men in a Philadelphia Starbucks.
During remarks at the National Constitution Center Monday night, Holder said common sense should have been used in the situation and that the manager should have thought twice about calling police.
- The Daily JournalTwo area Starbucks closed May 29 for implicit bias trainingJune 5, 2018
- The Philadelphia TribuneStarbucks makes a strong statementJune 5, 2018
- The Philadelphia TribuneStarbucks incident pulls pair together on social crusadeJune 2, 2018
- Norfolk Daily NewsAll Starbucks stores will close this afternoon for racial-bias training: Here’s what to knowMay 29, 2018
- The Times-TribuneStarbucks Stores Closed This Afternoon For Racial-bias Training: Here’s What You Should KnowMay 29, 2018