TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — U.S. regulators want to know why Novartis didn't disclose a problem with testing data until after the Swiss drugmaker's $2.1 million gene therapy was approved.
Correction: FDA-Transplant Drug story
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — In a story Nov. 8 about a new drug approval, The Associated Press misspelled the drug's name. It is Prevymis, not Prevymix.
A corrected version of the story is below:
FDA OKs drug to block infection after marrow transplant
U.S. regulators approve new drug to prevent life-threatening infections in adults after a bone marrow transplant
WASHINGTON (AP) — A unanimous Supreme Court is speeding up the time for generic biotech drugs to become available to the public in a ruling that means a loss of billions in sales to the makers of original versions.
The justices ruled Monday in favor of generic drug maker Sandoz in its dispute with rival Amgen over a near-copy of Amgen's cancer drug Neupogen.
WASHINGTON (AP) — A conservative doctor-turned-pundit with deep ties to Wall Street and the pharmaceutical industry is President Donald Trump's pick to lead the Food and Drug Administration.
House OKs bill bolstering medical research, drug approvals
WASHINGTON (AP) — The House easily approved a sweeping biomedical bill Wednesday that would help drug and medical device companies win swifter government approval of their products, boost disease research and drug-abuse spending and revamp federal mental health programs.
GOP prepares for House vote on medical research bill
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans and Democrats put finishing touches Tuesday on a $6.3 billion medical research bill as GOP leaders prepared to try pushing the measure through the lame-duck Congress by next week. The White House said it backs the measure, all but ensuring its approval.
- Business WireIQVIA Institute for Human Data Science Study: Record 59 New U.S. Drugs Launched in 2018, Success Rates Fall, R&D Trends Could Improve Productivity by 2023April 23, 2019
- Business WireGlobal Regulatory Agencies Increase Adoption of Certara’s Phoenix PK/PD Modeling and Simulation Software for Drug Regulatory ReviewsApril 4, 2019
- BusinessWireCertara Software or Services Supported 95% of the US FDA Novel Drug Approvals in First Half of 2018August 8, 2018
- BusinessWireCertara Software or Services Supported 95% of the US FDA Novel Drug Approvals in First Half of 2018August 2, 2018
- BusinessWireCertara Supports the Not-for-profit Biotechnology Company Medicines Development for Global Health (MDGH) on the FDA New Drug Approval of Moxidectin for the Treatment of River Blindness (Onchocerciasis), a Neglected Tropical DiseaseJune 14, 2018