ABC appoints Robach as ’20/20′ co-anchor
NEW YORK (AP) — ABC News says Amy Robach will be David Muir's new co-anchor on the "20/20" newsmagazine.
Robach has reported for the newsmagazine and is best known at ABC for her work on "Good Morning America," where in recent years she has detailed her own battle with breast cancer. ABC News President James Goldston said Monday that Robach will continue to report for the morning show.
David Muir, anchor of ‘ABC World News Tonight,’ to be UW-Madison commencement speaker
David Muir, an accomplished journalist and anchor of "ABC World News Tonight," will provide advice and insight to UW-Madison graduates during the spring commencement ceremony.
Muir has been chosen as the keynote speaker of the May 12 ceremony. He began as anchor and managing editor of the evening ABC news television program in 2014 after taking over for former anchor Diane Sawyer.
Muir also co-anchors ABC's "20/20" investigative news broadcast with Elizabeth Vargas.
Elizabeth Vargas leaving ABC News after 2 decades
NEW YORK (AP) — Elizabeth Vargas says she is leaving ABC News next spring after two decades, much of it as anchor of the newsmagazine "20/20."
ABC News President James Goldston says in a statement Friday that Vargas is leaving to pursue new ventures. She is 55.
In a note to colleagues, Vargas says that she is "incredibly lucky to work with the best in the business." She co-anchors the newsmagazine with David Muir, after having replaced Barbara Walters 14 years ago.
- The Journal GazetteAnchor tackles anxiety, alcoholism at TapestryMay 4, 2019
- The Journal GazetteJournalist describes struggles with anxiety, alcoholismMay 3, 2019
- The Journal GazetteTapestry leader a creative visionaryApril 7, 2019
- Connecticut PostCohn, Blind Boys of Alabama: Storied acts at FTC WarehouseDecember 24, 2018
- The Journal GazetteJournalist Vargas to keynote Tapestry '19November 17, 2018