Review: ‘Little’ heralds big-time arrival of Marsai Martin
Since Hailee Steinfeld rode into town in "True Grit," we've been fairly blessed by the big-screen breakthroughs of teenage actresses. To name just a few: Anya Taylor-Joy ("The Witch"), Amandla...
Michael B. Jordan, Michelle Yeoh added to Oscars presenters
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael B. Jordan, Brian Tyree Henry, Michelle Yeoh and Elsie Fisher may have missed out on Oscar nominations this year, but they will be on stage at the Dolby Theatre during...
Winners of the 2019 Critics’ Choice Awards
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) — Winners of the 2019 Critics' Choice Awards, presented Thursday at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California:
Actor: Christian Bale, "Vice"
Actress: TIE, Glenn Close, "The Wife" and Lady Gaga, "A Star Is Born"
Supporting actor: Mahershala Ali, "Green Book"
Supporting actress: Regina King, "If Beale Street Could Talk"
- AP names its Breakthrough Entertainers of 2018
- 2018 Breakthrough: John David Washington, 'Black KkKlansman'
- 2018 Breakthrough Entertainer: 'Boo'd Up' singer Ella Mai
- AP Breakthrough Entertainers 2018: Natasha Rothwell
- 2018 Breakthrough: Henry Golding of 'Crazy Rich Asians'
- Breakthrough Entertainer: 'Insecure' star Natasha Rothwell
- PHOTO GALLERY: Henry Golding - AP Breakthrough Entertainers 2018
- 2018 Breakthrough Entertainer: Country singer Kane Brown
- PHOTO GALLERY: Elsie Fisher - AP Breakthrough Entertainers 2018
- PHOTO GALLERY - John David Washington
- AP Breakthrough Entertainers 2018: Henry Golding
- 2018 Breakthrough: Elsie Fisher of 'Eighth Grade'
2018 Breakthrough: Elsie Fisher of ‘Eighth Grade’
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Elsie Fisher was about to give up on acting right before Bo Burnham's coming-of-age project "Eighth Grade" came on her radar, and it's a good thing she decided to take one last chance.
AP Breakthrough Entertainers 2018: Elsie Fisher
AP names its Breakthrough Entertainers of 2018
A scene-stealer from "Crazy Rich Asians." A teen actress who brought aching realism to a movie about adolescence. A boundary-breaking country star. And a comedian who used everything from laughter to rage to make a searing statement on women and society.