MADISON, Wis. (AP) — As solar energy has become more popular and cost-effective, this once fringe renewable source is now at the center of an energy turf war in Wisconsin.
Asian shares gain on hopes for progress on China-US trade
BANGKOK (AP) — Asian shares are mostly higher as Chinese and U.S. officials prepare for trade talks in Washington this week.
U.S. markets were closed Monday for President's Day.
Analysts said much is riding on the outcome of the trade talks after an inconclusive end to an earlier round in Beijing last week.
World shares skid as Huawei CFO arrest revives trade jitters
TOKYO (AP) — World financial markets took another plunge Thursday on concerns that the arrest of a senior official at Chinese telecoms equipment maker Huawei could hinder progress in China-U.S. trade talks.
The price of oil also fell even though OPEC was expected to agree on a production cut to support the energy market.
New Mexico utility seeks to join western energy market
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico's largest electric utility is asking state regulators for approval to join a wholesale trading market that allows participants in several western states to buy and sell energy to better balance supply and demand.
The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power is among those expected to join the energy imbalance market by 2020 while large utilities in Arizona, Nevada and Utah already are on board.
Waterford — Regulators on Thursday officially opened the doors to let Millstone Power Station compete with renewables in a state auction, an energy market shift lawmakers and owner Dominion Energy argue is crucial to sustain the plant and critics deride as an unwarranted subsidy.
The pull of energy markets – and legal challenges – will blunt plans to roll back EPA carbon rules
(The Conversation is an independent and nonprofit source of news, analysis and commentary from academic experts.)
Big utilities try to tilt solar energy market in their favor
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana's energy utilities want state lawmakers to pass a law that critics say would muscle out smaller companies from the emerging solar energy market.
Solar power provides only about 1 percent of the country's energy, but it is growing rapidly, with U.S. Energy Department figures showing solar industry employment grew 125 percent since 2010.
New York regulators seek to reform energy service market
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York regulators are launching a comprehensive review of energy service companies, saying the competitive residential market created by utility deregulation hasn't lived up to its promise.
The Public Service Commission filed a notice Friday saying it will solicit sworn testimony from consumers, energy marketers and others in preparation with pushing through reforms.
Soft energy markets mean more financial trouble for Wyoming
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — Wyoming Gov. Matt Mead intends to call on lawmakers to draw an undetermined amount from the state's $1.5 billion rainy day fund to cover government operations in the face of sagging energy revenues, he said Monday in response to the latest state revenue forecast.
- Business WireGlobal Internet of Energy Market 2018-2019 & 2024: Focus on Industry Streams, Applications, Use Cases, Solutions, Stakeholder Analysis - ResearchAndMarkets.comSeptember 17, 2019
- Business WireIndian Blockchain In Energy Market Analysis, Trends and Forecasts by 2024 - ResearchAndMarkets.comAugust 16, 2019
- Business WireALLETE Highlights Growth Opportunities in Expanding Clean Energy Markets at 2019 Annual Meeting of ShareholdersMay 14, 2019
- Globe NewswireRecent Analysis Shows Flowserve, Pinnacle West Capital, Aldeyra Therapeutics, Donnelley Financial Solutions, NIC, and Enphase Energy Market Influences — Renewed Outlook, Key Drivers of GrowthApril 3, 2019
- Business WireAnalyzing the Global Geothermal Energy Market 2018-2019 & 2023 - Expected to Reach 17GW by the End of 2023 - ResearchAndMarkets.comMarch 19, 2019