TORRINGTON, Conn. (AP) — Ice fishing, ice sculpting and winter hikes for the public are planned during Connecticut's annual No Child Left Inside Winter Festival.
The free festivities are scheduled for Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Burr Pond State Park in Torrington.
The No Child Left Inside program is aimed at getting children outside to learn about nature, environmental conservation and preservation.
- The ConversationDwindling tropical rainforests mean lost medicines yet to be discovered in their plantsNovember 14, 2019
- The ConversationHow do we know when a species at risk has recovered? It's not just a matter of numbersNovember 7, 2019
- The ConversationAnother grim climate report on oceans – what will it take to address the compounding problems?September 25, 2019
- The ConversationSneaky lions in Zambia are moving across areas thought uninhabitable for themSeptember 25, 2019
- The ConversationHow fires weaken Amazon rainforests' ability to bounce backSeptember 24, 2019