Minneapolis Star Tribune, Dec. 27
Minnesota's probation system should be reformed
Commission is wisely considering capping post-release supervision in state.
BERLIN (AP) — A room full of grey suits, strict instructions only to photograph the audience from behind and — of course — a medley of James Bond tunes to lighten the mood.
BERLIN (AP) — Police and organizers say more than 100,000 people took part in an open-air party celebrating the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
BERLIN (AP) — A glance at events leading up to the fall of the Berlin Wall in November 1989 and Germany's subsequent reunification.
Jan. 19, 1989: East German leader Erich Honecker says the...
- Chocolate Berlin Wall broken on 30th anniversary
- Wall around the world
- Cold War escape tunnel opens under Berlin Wall
- Seeing divided Berlin as it once was
- Streamers mark Berlin anniversary
- AP News Flash - Berlin Wall, Nov. 10, 1989
- Bearing witness to life and death on Berlin Wall
BERLIN (AP) — Sister Brigitte Queisser walks slowly along the decaying remains of the Berlin Wall, its rusty rebar reinforcement exposed where the concrete has crumbled away. The 77-year-old...
BERLIN (AP) — Workers have hoisted a rainbow-colored net of 100,000 streamers — many with messages of love and peace — in front of Berlin's iconic Brandenburg Gate as part of next week's...
- November 1989: U.S. President George H.W. Bush on events in East Germany
- August 1961: Events at border day after wall went up
- November 1989: East Berlin Wall Border Crossing Points
- October 1964: East German police continue evictions of people living close to Wall
- 1971: Ten Years of The Berlin Wall
- May 1980: American border partol along Berlin Wall in West Berlin.
- November 1989: West Berlin Wall Museum
BERLIN (AP) — Germany's president is thanking former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev for his role in enabling his country's reunification. He is lamenting the current state of European-Russian...
BERLIN (AP) — An escape tunnel underneath the Berlin Wall opened to the public on Thursday for the first time amid celebrations of the 30-year anniversary of the opening of communist East...
BERLIN (AP) — German soccer fans tore down an artificial 'Berlin Wall' erected across the middle of the field at Hertha Berlin's Olympiastadion before the Bundesliga game against Leipzig on...