BOSTON (AP) — A new judge has been appointed as chief justice of the state court in Massachusetts that handles family issues, like divorce, custody and child support.
Trial Court Chief Justice Paula Carey said Tuesday Judge John D. Casey will serve as Chief Justice of the Probate and Family Court for a five-year term.
Casey is currently the first justice of the Norfolk County Probate and Family Court and has served on the Probate and Family Court for more than a decade.
FARGO, N.D. (AP) — The boyfriend of slain Fargo woman Savanna Greywind has been granted custody of the couple's infant daughter.
Ashton Matheny told KVRR-TV after a closed court hearing Tuesday that the proceedings were emotional and he was excited about the judge's decision. He said he looks forward to sharing her life with Greywind's parents. The family issued a statement say they are "enjoying a wonderful shared relationship" caring for the child.
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis on Wednesday outlined his vision for how the Vatican will promote family and life issues, naming an American moderate to head the new Vatican office for families and laity and directing related institutes to give merciful care to spiritually wounded Catholics.
Dallas Bishop Kevin Farrell, a former Legion of Christ priest whose brother is also a top Vatican official, now becomes the highest-ranking American at the Holy See.
- The ConversationSpinster, old maid or self-partnered – why words for single women have changed through timeDecember 2, 2019
- The ConversationHouse impeachment inquiry may help restore the political and social norms that Trump floutsNovember 13, 2019
- The ConversationMormons in Mexico: A brief history of polygamy, cartel violence and faithNovember 8, 2019
- The ConversationWhy don't more women win science Nobels?October 11, 2019
- The ConversationMarriage could be good for your health – unless you're bisexualSeptember 20, 2019