No stethoscope for pain: Scientists seek real way to measure
WASHINGTON (AP) — Is the pain stabbing or burning? On a scale from 1 to 10, is it a 6 or an 8?
Over and over, 17-year-old Sarah Taylor struggled to make doctors understand her sometimes debilitating levels of pain, first from joint-damaging childhood arthritis and then from fibromyalgia.
"It's really hard when people can't see how much pain you're in, because they have to take your word on it and sometimes, they don't quite believe you," she said.
- Globe NewswireAptinyx Reports Second Quarter 2019 Financial Results and HighlightsAugust 12, 2019
- Business WireThe U.S. Fibromyalgia Market 2014-2019 & 2024: Pipeline Products, Epidemiology, Key Products Marketed, Market Valuations & Forecast, Drugs Sales & Market Shares, Competitive Landscape - ResearchAndMarkets.comJuly 24, 2019
- Business WireGlobal Fibromyalgia Clinical Trial Pipeline Highlights, 2019 - ResearchAndMarkets.comJune 12, 2019
- Globe NewswireAptinyx Reports Positive Top-line Data from Phase 2 Study of NYX-2925 in Patients with Fibromyalgia, Demonstrating Significant Effects on Both Biomarkers and Patient-Reported PainJune 10, 2019
- Globe NewswireTetra Bio-Pharma Announces Significant Progress on Storz & Bickel Co-Development in Treating FibromyalgiaSeptember 20, 2018