Fiserv buys First Data for $22B, creating fintech giant
NEW YORK (AP) — Fiserv is buying First Data in a $22 billion all-stock deal, creating a giant player in the payments and financial technology sector.
First Data shareholders will receive about .30 shares of Fiserv for every share of First Data they own, according to the deal announced Wednesday, a premium of about 29 percent.
The deal will leave Fiserv shareholders with 57.5 percent of the combined company. First Data shareholders will own the remaining 42.5 percent.
- Business WireFiserv to Release Second Quarter Earnings Results on July 25, 2019July 15, 2019
- Business WirePan-American Life Insurance Group Strengthens Customer Trust with Enhanced Risk Management Capabilities from FiservJuly 15, 2019
- Globe NewswireXalles and BlockDrive to Build Innovation into Financial Services TechnologyJuly 10, 2019
- Business WireFiserv Enables Digital Delivery of Consumer Bills Via Mobile WalletJuly 1, 2019
- Business WireFiserv Prices $9 Billion Senior Notes OfferingJune 11, 2019