Fiserv buys First Data for $22B, creating fintech giant
NEW YORK (AP) — Fiserv is buying First Data in a $22 billion all-stock deal, creating a giant player in the payments and financial technology sector.
First Data shareholders will receive about .30 shares of Fiserv for every share of First Data they own, according to the deal announced Wednesday, a premium of about 29 percent.
The deal will leave Fiserv shareholders with 57.5 percent of the combined company. First Data shareholders will own the remaining 42.5 percent.
- Business WireNorthwest Financial Corp. Sees P2P Payment Usage Rise After Joining Zelle Network via FiservOctober 8, 2019
- Business WireNOVO BANCO Selects Fiserv to Modernize Payments ProcessingOctober 3, 2019
- Business WireIFA 2019: Presenting SoftPOS - A Solution that Turns Smartphones and Tablets into a Contactless Payment TerminalSeptember 6, 2019
- Business WireNEFCU Moves to Fiserv to Accelerate Digital TransformationAugust 21, 2019
- Business WirePan-American Life Insurance Group Strengthens Customer Trust with Enhanced Risk Management Capabilities from FiservJuly 15, 2019