3 farm and food workshops being held in West Virginia
INSTITUTE, W.Va. (AP) — The first of three workshops on entrepreneurial farming and food manufacturing is this week in West Virginia.
West Virginia State University Extension Service is hosting the series, to be held throughout Kanawha County. The series leads up to the West Virginia Urban Agriculture Conference and Community Expo on the university's campus in May.
Kroger mulls possible sale of Turkey Hill business unit
CINCINNATI (AP) — Kroger says it is exploring the possible sale of a business unit that produces ice cream and beverages.
BERN, Kan. -- C.J. Foods, Inc. a regional manufacturer of specialty dry pet food recently announced that they have acquired Lortscher Animal Nutrition, Inc.(LANI), a leader of custom milling and ingredient supply to the pet food industry for over 60 years. LANI is based in Bern, Kan. with additional locations in Seneca, Kan., and Brownwood, Texas.
Bellisio Foods will shut down its Austin, Minn., frozen food plant
Bellisio Foods Inc. will close its Austin, Minn., frozen food manufacturing plant in April, affecting about 100 employees.
The company said in a news release that it will consolidate manufacturing operations at two other facilities in Jackson, Ohio, and Vernon, Calif., to improve efficiencies and better serve the companys customers.
Source of organic coffee, beef, pancake mix? Louisiana
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Jennifer Mellard's journey to federally certified organic food manufacturing began with a somewhat less healthy foray, a custom cake and baked goods shop in Prairieville.
She ran Sweet Sentiments Bakeshop for four years and enjoyed it. But over time, improving her family's health — starting with their diet — became more and more important. Eventually, that concern moved Mellard in a different business direction.
A number of articles have appeared in the Idaho State Journal in recent weeks relating to agriculture (especially livestock grazing and water) that express the environmental viewpoint. There is another perspective from those who produce our food.
Famed NYC bakery’s immigrant workers defy Trump
NEW YORK (AP) — Immigrant workers at a famed New York bakery who are threatened with being fired if they don't produce legal work papers defied the government outside President Donald Trump's Manhattan home on Saturday.
Thirty-one employees of the Tom Cat Bakery also could be deported if they don't prove by April 21 that they're in the country legally.
Pet food manufacturer to expand, add 130 jobs in Fort Smith
FORT SMITH, Ark. (AP) — A pet food manufacturing facility in Fort Smith has announced plans for an expansion that will create 130 new jobs.
Mars Petcare announced Wednesday that it will invest $72 million — with the potential to grow to $110 million — in the Fort Smith plant, which produces dog food and cat food under the Cesar, Nutro and Sheba brand names.
Boulder Brands’ EVOL plant to move to Arkansas
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) — The new owner of Boulder Brands is moving the company's frozen food manufacturing to Fayetteville, Arkansas.
The Daily Camera reports (http://bit.ly/2bsH6Q3 ) that Pinnacle Foods purchased the brand for $975 million in November. According to a statement from the New Jersey-based company, EVOL frozen food has outgrown its existing Boulder facilities but the organization's Fayetteville structure can accommodate its growth.
Salad dressing firm is first tenant at NYC food hub
NEW YORK (AP) — New York City officials are building a 55,000-square-foot food manufacturing hub with a Japanese salad dressing company as the first tenant.
The city Economic Development Corporation announced the creation of the food hub in the Sunset Park section of Brooklyn on Wednesday. Officials say the space will serve up to 10 food manufacturing companies.
City officials made the announcement at the grand opening of MOMO Dressing, a family-owned Japanese...
- Business WireGlobal Seafood Manufacturing Market - Trends, Drivers & Restraints During the Forecast Period, 2014-2022 - ResearchAndMarkets.comOctober 9, 2019
- Business WireFrozen Food Manufacturing - Global Market Review 2014-2019 & Outlook to 2022 - ResearchAndMarkets.comSeptember 13, 2019
- Business WireGlobal Pet Food Manufacturing Market Forecast to 2022 - ResearchAndMarkets.comSeptember 11, 2019
- Business WireA Food Manufacturing Company Enhanced Operational Efficiency and Reduced Inventory Costs by 65% | Quantzig’s Supply Chain Network Optimization Case Study Reveals HowJune 25, 2019
- Business WireSnack Food Manufacturing: Global Market Report, 2019 - APAC Accounted for 56% of the Market in 2018 - ResearchAndMarkets.comFebruary 5, 2019
- The Herald-DispatchExtension Service to host Farming and Food Manufacturing workshopOctober 12, 2019
- Daily ChronicleInternational food manufacturer, tech company could be coming to DeKalb; city seeks tax perksOctober 4, 2019
- The Herald-DispatchWorkshop series focuses on farming, food manufacturingFebruary 20, 2019
- San Antonio Express-NewsC.H. Guenther buys Utah bakeryAugust 6, 2018