Top executives from Google, Microsoft, IBM, Oracle and Qualcomm gathered Thursday at the White House amid strained ties between President Donald Trump's administration and the tech industry and an ongoing trade war with China.
The White House described the Thursday meeting as a listening session to field ideas for securing American dominance in artificial intelligence, quantum computing, advanced manufacturing and faster wireless technology known as 5G.
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — IBM announced Sunday it will acquire North Carolina-based open-source software company Red Hat in a $34 billion stock deal that the technology and consulting giant's chief executive says will advance the company to the next step in cloud computing.
NORWALK, Conn. (AP) — Parents of students at a Connecticut high school say they were upset when Ivanka Trump made an unannounced visit.
Some parents pulled their children from class on Monday, saying they were troubled they were not told in advance that President Donald Trump's daughter and senior White House adviser was paying a visit to Norwalk Early College Academy at Norwalk High School.
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Silicon Valley leaders were among Donald Trump's most outspoken opponents during the presidential campaign. On Wednesday, though, many of them will come face-to-face with the president-elect for the first time since the election.
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Technology leaders are about to come face-to-face with President-elect Donald Trump after fiercely opposing his candidacy, fearful that he would stifle innovation, curb the hiring of computer-savvy immigrants and infringe on consumers' digital privacy.
- Business WireIBM Elects Thomas Buberl to Its Board of DirectorsNovember 12, 2019
- Business WireIBM Elects Bill McNabb to Its Board of DirectorsSeptember 24, 2019
- Business WireIBM Board Approves Increase in Quarterly Cash Dividend for the 24th Consecutive YearApril 30, 2019
- BusinessWireIBM Elects Martha E. Pollack to Its Board of DirectorsDecember 11, 2018
- BusinessWireIBM Board Approves Quarterly Cash Dividend; Authorizes $4 Billion for Stock RepurchaseOctober 30, 2018