WASHINGTON (AP) — Millions of people who take aspirin to prevent a heart attack may need to rethink the pill-popping, Harvard researchers reported Monday.
Marathon Director has heart health warning
NEW YORK (AP) — Apple Watch is now fulfilling its promise to let people take EKGs of their heart and notify them of any irregular heartbeat.
Apple announced the heart features in September, but didn't make them available until Thursday. The new features have been given clearance by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and are for U.S. customers only.
Save your life but harm your heart? Health experts are sounding a warning as potential side effects of a growing number of breast cancer treatments come to light.
In its first statement on the topic, the American Heart Association on Thursday said women should consider carefully the risks and benefits of any therapies that may hurt hearts. Not all treatments carry these risks, and there may be ways to minimize or avoid some.
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — VCU Health Pauley Heart Center is offering a series of free health screenings and community events to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first heart transplant in Virginia and to advance heart health in the state.
Dr. Richard Lower performed the first human-to-human heart transplant in the state on May 25, 1968, and took part in 393 heart transplants before he retired in 1989.
AMESBURY, Mass. (AP) — At 49 years old, Bruce Augustonovich knows full well second chances don't come around every day — he barely had a first.
The Haverhill native grew up with "three brothers, a sister, a brother in Florida, two stepbrothers and a stepsister."
Augustonovich said he had a "not-so-friendly stepfather" and often found himself in trouble during his youth. He made it only as far as the eighth grade.
- PR NewswireHeartGuide™ from OMRON Healthcare Named to TIME's List of the 100 Best Inventions of 2019November 26, 2019 GMT
- NewMediaWireToo much ultra-processed foods linked to lower heart healthNovember 11, 2019 GMT
- Business WireAstraZeneca HealthCare Foundation Awards $775,000 to 11 Innovative Heart Health Programs & Announces Open Call for ApplicationsOctober 8, 2019 GMT
- Business WireESC: Providing Asian doctors with the Very Latest in Cardiovascular ScienceJuly 18, 2019 GMT
- NewMediaWireBinge watching TV increases heart health risks more than a desk job among African AmericansJune 26, 2019 GMT