Lab aims to encourage youth to pursue Mitchell tech industry
MITCHELL, S.D. (AP) — All of it is possible due to the Smart Lab at the Mitchell Middle School, which is now fully implemented after receiving an additional $25,000 in grant money from America's Farmers Grow Rural Education program, sponsored by Monsanto.
Students find industrial tech programs beneficial
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin’s Industrial and Petroleum Technology program has proven a boon to students with busy lives who want to earn a bachelor’s degree or get ahead in their careers.
Although she isn’t expected to graduate until August 2018, Ryan Cavazos will start an internship with Oncor in December. She will earn a bachelor of science in industrial technology with a minor in business.
SCC shows off new Industrial Tech center
KEOKUK – The public got its first look Tuesday at the new Industrial Technologies Training Center on the Southeastern Community College Keokuk campus.
The $4.2 million, 19,000-square-foot facility features state-of-the-art labs for mechanical and electrical technology training. It also contains a welding lab, computer lab, classroom, student spaces and a new campus maintenance garage.
FFA students to built storage shed for Central Lee district
DONNELLSON – Central Lee Industrial Technology and Agriculture FFA high school teachers presented a proposal for a new storage shed at the Central Lee School Board meeting Dec. 12.
The proposal calls for building a storage shed for equipment and supplies. According to agriculture teacher Tom Boeck, the storage shed will help with the overflow from industrial tech and agriculture classes.
New building will help increase number of industrial tech teachers
WAYNE — Wayne State College is hoping to break ground in April with a new Center of Applied Technology to be built in the parking lot east of Gardner Hall.
Completion is scheduled for November 2018.
The current building used for Applied Technology is known as Benthack Hall.
"Benthack Hall has several structural and mechanical issues that need to be remedied," said Vaughn Benson, dean of Wayne State’s College of Business and Technology.
California industrial tech firm to set division in Lincoln
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A California industrial technology company says it will make Lincoln its manufacturing headquarters.
The Lincoln Journal Star reports (http://bit.ly/2dFyvL5 ) that Monolith Materials, which has its corporate headquarters in Redwood City, California, made the announcement Wednesday.
- PR Newswire2019 TIE Future Technology Pavilion Provides Opportunities for Industrial TransformationSeptember 27, 2019
- Business WireMilacron Launching Wide Range of New and Upgraded Mold-Masters Solutions at K 2019August 13, 2019
- Globe NewswireITRI and UCLA to Collaborate on AI Robot DevelopmentAugust 13, 2019
- Business WireHelios Technologies to Begin Trading Under New Ticker Symbol: HLIOJune 14, 2019
- Business WireSeasoned Product Management and Marketing Executive Joins Markel CorporationMay 15, 2019
- The ConversationIowa's farmers – and American eaters – need a national discussion on transforming US agricultureOctober 16, 2019
- The ConversationHow the US census kickstarted America's computing industryOctober 15, 2019
- The ConversationLithium ion Nobel Prize shows how individual brainstorms add up to world-transforming innovationsOctober 11, 2019