Country singer Daryle Singletary dies at age 46
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Country singer Daryle Singletary, who sang songs like "I Let Her Lie" and "Too Much Fun," has died.
A publicist says Singletary died at his home in Lebanon, Tennessee on Monday at 46.
The cause of death is pending. Funeral arrangements will be announced later.
Award-winning fiddler David Varnado has played for some of country music's biggest stars, including Loretta Lynn, Johnny Paycheck and Neil McCoy, but he shies away from the spotlight.
"I'm not the star. I don't want to be. It's not about me. It's about them," said Varnado, 48.
But recently Varnado has been getting plenty of attention, winning the 2017 American Fiddlers Association's Legend Award and receiving his second nomination for the Academy of Country Music Fiddle Player of the Year.
- The Herald-DispatchCountry music offers new tunes, a helping handApril 11, 2019
- The Daily JournalScott Reeder: Where do workers who exit dramatically go?March 28, 2019
- The Herald-DispatchGeorge Strait sets new record with Houston concertMarch 21, 2019
- Norfolk Daily NewsThis Day in Country Music: September 5September 6, 2018
- Norfolk Daily NewsThis Day in Country Music: August 24August 25, 2018