A boy fights kidney cancer with the help of his family
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — They coo soothing words through gritted teeth, over the coughing and the writhing and the desperate cries of "Ow!" and "Please stop!" from their 4-year-old son on the hospital bed.
Joseph and Amanda Salmoiraghi know they're doing what must be done. This has been their life for the past 1 ½ years.
But that doesn't make it any easier.
"Why are you hurting me?" shrieks Joshua, his face slick with tears that no longer have eyelashes to keep them in check.
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — South Central District Judge Sonna Anderson plans to retire at the end of the month, citing health reasons.
Anderson tells The Bismarck Tribune that she's battling kidney cancer and making frequent trips to the University of Minnesota for treatment.
BILLERICA, Mass. (AP) — A jury has awarded a Massachusetts family $4.2 million in connection with the father who died after receiving a late kidney cancer diagnosis.
The Lowell Sun reports the jury found 54-year-old Neil Senna's primary care physician negligent in failing to notify him of a symptom that could have pointed to an earlier cancer diagnosis.
DODGE — Twenty-five weeks, that’s the plan. That’s how long it will take 7-year-old Avery Johnson to undergo chemotherapy during her treatment at Children’s Hospital in Omaha.
WEDNESDAY, Sept. 7, 2016 (HealthDay News) -- Obesity is a risk factor for kidney cancer. Yet, obese people with advanced kidney cancer seem to live longer than normal-weight or underweight patients, a new study finds.
- Business WireThe Kidney Cancer Association Announces $1.3 Million in New Research OpportunitiesApril 16, 2019
- Business WirePeloton Therapeutics Announces Clinical Data Update for PT2977 at European International Kidney Cancer SymposiumApril 1, 2019
- BusinessWireMerck’s KEYTRUDA® (pembrolizumab) in Combination with Pfizer’s Inlyta® (axitinib) Significantly Improved Overall Survival (OS) and Progression-free Survival (PFS) as First-Line Therapy for Advanced or Metastatic Renal Cell CarcinomaOctober 18, 2018
- BusinessWireKidney Cancer (Renal Cell Cancer) - Pipeline Review, H1 2018 - ResearchAndMarkets.comSeptember 25, 2018
- BusinessWireExelixis’ Partner Ipsen Announces Health Canada’s Approval of CABOMETYX® (cabozantinib) Tablets for the Treatment of Adults with Previously Treated Advanced Renal Cell CarcinomaSeptember 19, 2018