PHOENIX (AP) — The U.S. Department of Energy is recognizing nine women for their achievements and leadership in clean energy and one of them is from Arizona.
(The Conversation is an independent and nonprofit source of news, analysis and commentary from academic experts.)
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — From the deserts of southern New Mexico and Nevada to islands in the Pacific Ocean, the U.S. government conducted dozens of nuclear weapons tests from the 1940s until the early 1960s.
Vintage rolls of film collected from high-security vaults across the country show some of the blasts sending incredible mushroom clouds into the sky and massive fireballs across the landscape. Others start with blinding flashes of light followed by rising columns of smoke in the distance.
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — A former Los Alamos National Laboratory executive has been tapped to lead Sandia National Laboratories under a new management team headed by a subsidiary of Honeywell International.
The team announced the appointment of Stephen Younger as director Wednesday, noting that the National Nuclear Security Administration has cleared the team to begin transition activities as they prepare to take over the Albuquerque-based lab.
Lockheed Martin's current contract expires April 30.
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — A former scientist at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory will spend more than a year in prison for turning in false data to the federal government in order to receive funding.
SHANGHAI (AP) — Before appearing in global narcotics supply chains , fentanyl and substances like it were viewed as potential chemical weapons. Scientists struggled to figure out how to package the chemicals so that they would incapacitate but not kill targets. Some highlights of those efforts:
- Globe NewswirePenguin Computing Upgrades Corona with latest AMD Radeon Instinct GPU Technology for Enhanced ML and AI CapabilitiesNovember 18, 2019 GMT
- PR NewswireBechtel's Peggy McCullough to Receive the 2019 ASME Henry Laurence Gantt MedalOctober 28, 2019 GMT
- Globe NewswireCray Announces Shasta Software to Power the Exascale EraAugust 13, 2019 GMT
- Business WireInfiniBand Accelerates Six of the Top Ten Supercomputers in the World, Including the Top Three, and Four of the Top Five on June’s TOP500June 17, 2019 GMT
- BusinessWireMellanox InfiniBand and Ethernet Solutions Accelerate the Majority of TOP500 Platforms on the November TOP500 Supercomputers ListNovember 12, 2018 GMT