Continuing its drive toward value-based health care, Medtronic PLC has named a Boston interventional cardiologist and clinical trial researcher to become its new vice president of global clinical research and analytics.
Dr. Laura Mauri will start to transition into the new job in June, and will fully assume the role on Sept. 1, reporting to Medtronic Chief Medical and Scientific Officer Dr. Rick Kuntz.
Medtronic, Hormel and Jacobs jump while Signet tumbles
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily on Tuesday:
Medtronic PLC, up $3.76 to $82.66
The medical device company said sales of heart devices, including newer products, drove its second-quarter sales higher.
Hormel Foods Inc., up $1.12 to $34.52
The maker of Spam and other products reported strong earnings and sales, and investors were pleased with its full-year forecasts.
GE and Medtronic decline while Ericsson and Seagate rise
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily on Monday:
General Electric Co., down 96 cents to $23.43
The company said its chief financial officer will leave and named a Trian Fund representative to its board.
Medtronic PLC, down $2.88 to $76.93
The medical device maker said Hurricane Maria will reduce its quarterly earnings by $250 million.
Animas to stop making insulin pumps, affecting 400 workers
CHESTERBROOK, Pa. (AP) — Animas Corp., a Johnson & Johnson diabetes-care business, has announced plans to discontinue manufacturing and sale of insulin pumps, affecting about 400 workers, half of them in the Philadelphia area.
The company said Thursday that about 90,000 patients using Animas pumps will be offered the option of transferring to pumps made by Medtronic PLC.
Macy’s and DSW jump while Coty and Toll Brothers slide
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Tuesday:
Coty Inc., down $1.84 to $17.71
The beauty products company disclosed a smaller quarterly profit than investors had expected.
Macy's Inc., up 89 cents to $20.42
The department store chain said it will restructure its business and hired an eBay executive as its new president.
Medtronic PLC, down $1.76 to $81.76
The medical device maker said its diabetes business struggled in its fiscal first quarter.
Medtronic 2Q profit surges, revenue misses expectations
NEW YORK (AP) — Medtronic PLC's fiscal second-quarter profit more than doubled on higher sales of its heart and surgical devices. But revenue fell short of Wall Street expectations, helping to drag shares lower.
The Dublin-based company's stock fell more than 10 percent in midday trading Tuesday.
Medtronic PLC is preparing to invest another $20 million in Israeli med-tech company Mazor Robotics, which is expected on Tuesday to announce a new robotically assisted spine-surgery system called Mazor X.
Analysts say physician interest in robotically assisted surgical tools is steadily growing, and Medtronic seems to be positioning itself to capitalize on the trend — and potentially accelerate it — if it takes off.
- Business WireEuropean Hernia Repair Devices & Consumables Market Outlook, 2024 by Product, Surgery Type, Hernia Type and Country - ResearchAndMarkets.comMarch 1, 2019
- Business WireSinus Dilation Devices Market Outlook in Europe to 2024: Breakdown by Product, End-user and Country - ResearchAndMarkets.comFebruary 21, 2019
- Business WireGlobal Laparoscopy Devices Markets to 2024, Featuring J&J, Medtronic, Boston Scientific, Stryker, Smith & Nephew, and more - ResearchAndMarkets.comFebruary 19, 2019
- Business WireBio-engineered Stent Market to Surpass US$ 5,841.8 Million by 2026 – Coherent Market InsightsFebruary 14, 2019
- Globe NewswireNew Research Coverage Highlights Medtronic, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, World Wrestling Entertainment, Neogen, Holly Energy Partners, and Drive Shack — Consolidated Revenues, Company Growth, and Expectations for 2019February 11, 2019
- Star TribuneMedtronic has resolved three legal issues with Justice Department, pays $50.9 millionDecember 6, 2018
- Star TribuneMedtronic profit jumps 14 percent, Ishrak declares 'outstanding' performanceNovember 20, 2018
- Star TribuneScrutiny continues as Medtronic acknowledges cybersecurity issues with its medical devicesAugust 16, 2018
- Star TribuneMedtronic outlines growth plans at New York investor conferenceJune 6, 2018
- Star TribuneMedtronic net income up nearly 6 percent, beating analysts' projectionsMay 24, 2018