Boeing and Sprint climb; Hess and Rent-A-Center skid
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Tuesday:
Boeing Co., up $11.93 to $328.06
The aerospace company raised its dividend and said it will buy back $20 billion in stock.
Darden Restaurants Inc., up $4.96 to $103.85
The parent company of Olive Garden raised its annual profit and sales forecasts.
Hess Corp., down $2.45 to $47.31
Energy company stocks fell as oil prices continued to drop.
Navistar: Fiscal 4Q Earnings Snapshot
LISLE, Ill. (AP) _ Navistar International Corp. (NAV) on Tuesday reported fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of $188 million.
The Lisle, Illinois-based company said it had net income of $1.89 per share.
The results surpassed Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of six analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of $1.68 per share.
Navistar: Fiscal 3Q Earnings Snapshot
LISLE, Ill. (AP) _ Navistar International Corp. (NAV) on Thursday reported fiscal third-quarter profit of $170 million.
The Lisle, Illinois-based company said it had profit of $1.71 per share. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring gains, came to $1.19 per share.
The results surpassed Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of seven analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 93 cents per share.
Eldorado Resorts and Navistar climb; WPP sinks
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Monday:
Eldorado Resorts Inc., up $5.80 to $41.50
The casino and hotel company agreed to buy seven properties from Tropicana Entertainment for $1.85 billion.
Shire PLC, up 22 cents to $152.41
The drugmaker said it will sell its cancer treatment business to France's Servier for $2.4 billion.
Bank of America Corp., up 13 cents to $29.93
The bank posted a larger profit, helped by corporate tax cuts and rising interest rates.
West Point plant to make 40 armored trucks for Pakistan
WEST POINT, Miss. (AP) — Navistar International Corp. has been awarded a $35 million contract to deliver 40 armored vehicles to Pakistan from its Mississippi plant.
The U.S. Army announced the contract Thursday, saying Navistar, based in Lisle, Illinois, had made the only bid for the mine resistant ambush protected MaxxPro Dash DXM trucks.
Work is supposed to be done at Navistar's plant in West Point, as well as in Pakistan, and is estimated to be finished by Oct. 31, 2018.
Volkswagen Truck & Bus buying stake in Navistar for $256M
NEW YORK (AP) — Volkswagen Truck & Bus, an arm of the German automaker Volkswagen, is buying a minority stake in Navistar for $256 million.
The companies also said Tuesday that they will enter a procurement joint venture that will help source parts for both businesses. There will also be technology sharing, with an anticipated emphasis on powertrain technology.
- Globe NewswireNew Research Coverage Highlights UnitedHealth Group, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Navistar International, REGENXBIO, Par Pacific, and Athenex — Consolidated Revenues, Company Growth, and Expectations for 2019March 26, 2019
- Globe NewswireDetailed Research: Economic Perspectives on Rexford Industrial Realty, Navistar International, Heidrick & Struggles International, Jones Energy, Extra Space Storage, and EOG Resources — What Drives Growth in Today's Competitive LandscapeNovember 5, 2018
- Globe NewswireAnalysis: Positioning to Benefit within Navistar International, Micron Technology, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, American Axle & Manufacturing, Gulfport Energy, and HP — Research Highlights Growth, Revenue, and Consolidated ResultsAugust 15, 2018
- Globe NewswireReport: Developing Opportunities within Pacific Premier, EnLink Midstream, CENTENNIAL RES, Navistar International, National Fuel Gas, and Fossil Group — Future Expectations, Projections Moving into 2018May 16, 2018
- The Detroit NewsVW truck unit gears up to global push with alliancesSeptember 18, 2018