‘Shark Tank’-like program at Thomas Jefferson HS builds entrepreneurial skills
In Barrington, Ill., Julie Thornton heard from neighbors and friends about the great things high school students were doing in their entrepreneurship class.
They started businesses and participated in a "Shark Tank"-like forum, where community members stepped up and offered financial backing.
There was a buzz in the neighborhood, and it became a community affair.
"I was blown away by the kids," said Thornton, of Jefferson Hills. "It was a way to really see kids succeed and shine."
First National Santa Fe part of another merger
Strategic Growth Bancorp, the parent company of First National Santa Fe, has announced another merger, this time with Sunflower Financial.
The new holding company, FirstSun Capital Bancorp, will be the third largest Colorado-headquartered institution by total assets.
- ACCESSWIREShowStoppers IFA 2019 to Roll Out Innovations for Home, Work and Play from Global Startups and Industry Leaders to 1,000 Journalists in BerlinSeptember 5, 2019
- Globe NewswireUPS Announces Innovative New Products And Services To Help Customers Grow And SucceedJuly 23, 2019
- Globe NewswireSingapore Exchange Launches New Multi-Matching Trading Engine from NasdaqJuly 12, 2019
- Business WireBanque du Caire, One of the Largest State-owned Banks in Egypt, Goes Live With Temenos to Redefine Digital Customer ExperienceJune 25, 2019
- Business WireTodd Neiberger Joins TTN as Chief Financial OfficerJune 17, 2019