CALGARY, Alberta (AP) — Canadian private equity firm Onex Corp. has signed a friendly deal to buy Canada' second largest airline.
The all-cash deal for WestJet Airlines Ltd is valued at $5...
NEW YORK (AP) — Supervalu said Monday that it is selling its Save-A-Lot supermarket chain for $1.37 billion to Canadian private equity firm Onex Corp.
The deal is expected to close before the end of January.
Supervalu, based in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, distributes grocery items to supermarkets and provides other services to them. The company also owns the Shop 'N Save and Cub Foods chains. There are more than 1,300 Save-A-Lot grocery stores.
- Globe NewswireWestJet to be Acquired by OnexMay 13, 2019
- Globe NewswireOnex Confirms Election of DirectorsMay 10, 2019
- Globe NewswireOnex Reports First-Quarter 2019 ResultsMay 10, 2019
- Business WireGluskin Sheff + Associates Inc. Announces Shareholder Approval of Plan of ArrangementMay 9, 2019
- Globe NewswireOnex Increases DividendMay 9, 2019