NELSONVILLE, Ohio (AP) _ Rocky Brands Inc. (RCKY) on Tuesday reported third-quarter net income of $5 million.
On a per-share basis, the Nelsonville, Ohio-based company said it had net income of 67 cents. Earnings, adjusted for pretax gains, came to 60 cents per share.
The footwear ...
- Ill inmate suggests firing squad as execution alternative
- Judge: Inmate drug reaction wasn't enough to stop execution
- Condemned Ohio killer of 2 wants September execution delayed
- Child killer put to death in first Ohio execution in 3 years
- US Supreme Court denies stay of execution for Ohio convict
- Appeals court ruling opens door to Ohio resuming executions
- Ohio could have path to obtaining long-sought execution drug
- Ohio governor delays 9 executions as court fight continues
- Witnessing death: AP reporters describe problem executions
- New Ohio lethal injection process rejected by appeals court
- Death row inmates' lawyers want to witness other executions
- A look at the status of the death penalty in several states
- Hardaway, Knicks give Cavs 4th loss in 5 games, 114-95
- Nets overcome James' triple-double, beat Cavaliers 112-107
- Cavs' Dwyane Wade sidelined with bruised knee
- Tough millennial: Jaylen Brown could be Celtics' X-factor
- AP Interview: Wade wants to wear Heat jersey again _ someday
- It's done: Wade makes it official, signs with Cleveland
- Irving-Thomas deal continues NBA summer of blockbuster moves
- AP source: Cavaliers owner, Billups met for 2nd straight day
- Cavaliers watch NBA draft as Billups watch continues
- Cleveland Cavaliers players, coaches serve Thanksgiving dinner to young students (video)
- 'Shell-shocked' Pistons slapped around by LeBron, Cavs
- Cavaliers win 5th straight in 116-88 rout of Pistons
- Cleveland Cavs could remain in The Q through 2044, according to new lease
- Iman Shumpert, Teyana Taylor's reality show picked up by VH-1
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers meet Keenu Not on subway: 60-Second Know-It-All (video)
- LeBron James scores 31 points, Cavaliers top Hornets 115-107
- Hardaway hits late 3 to lift Knicks over Jazz 106-101
- Parents of Ohio student speak out against North Korea
- Parents of Ohio student speak out against North Korea
- US ban on travel North Korea kicks in, with few exceptions
- Americans fly out from North Korea before US travel ban
- US bans travel for Americans to NKorea after Warmbier death
- Hometown Mourners Remember Otto Warmbier
- Student detained in N Korea is mourned at hometown funeral
- Ohio Community Gathers to Honor Otto Warmbier
- US student freed by North Korea in a coma dies at age 22
- A look at baseball's greatest teams _ one for each franchise
- AP source: Mets tab Indians coach Mickey Callaway as manager
- Brantley has surgery, Indians weighing options on his future
- Indians' Encarnacion held out of Game 3 with sprained ankle
- Bullpen aces ready to follow Andrew Miller's lead this fall
- Indians overcome injuries to win Central, eye Series title
- 22 and through: Indians' AL record win streak stopped at 22
- Catch 22: Indians rally, win AL-record 22nd straight game
- LeBron James congratulates Indians on 21-game winning streak
- Roaring 20: Indians equal AL record with 20th straight win
Foster father indicted on murder charge in boy’s death
NEWARK, Ohio (AP) — A man whose 5-year-old foster son died after sustaining severe head trauma and bruises has been indicted on charges of murder and involuntary manslaughter in the boy’s death.
Thirty-year-old Kenneth Schulz, of Newark, was indicted in June on child endangering charges ...
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — The predicted order of finish for the 2018-19 season for Ohio Valley Conference women’s basketball as predicted by coaches and sports information directors and released Tuesday. Eleven points awarded for first, 10 for second, etcetera, and coaches and sports information ...
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — The preseason 2018-19 All-Ohio Valley Conference women’s basketball team as voted on by coaches and sports information directors and released Tuesday:
Preseason OVC Players of the Year: Darby Maggard, Belmont
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — The predicted order of finish for the 2018-19 season in the Ohio Valley Conference as predicted by coaches and sports information directors and released Tuesday. Eleven points awarded for first, 10 for second, etcetera, and coaches and sports information directors could ...
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — The preseason 2018-19 All-Ohio Valley Conference team as voted on by coaches and sports information directors and released Tuesday:
Preseason OVC Player of the Year: Dylan Windler, Belmont
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Coach Rick Byrd and his Belmont Bruins once again are the preseason favorites to win the Ohio Valley Conference, just edging out defending league champ Murray State.
Belmont is the preseason favorite for a fourth straight year in balloting by the OVC’s coaches and ...
Police department defends officer punching suspect
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio police department is defending the actions of an officer seen in a cellphone video punching a man who had been stopped for questioning about drug activity more than two dozen times.
Ohio bill focuses on use, funding of school features like AC
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio would have to study which of its schools have air conditioning, safety measures and certain other building features under a state lawmaker’s proposal to direct some school construction money specifically for those purposes.
Republican Rep. Niraj Antani, of ...
State appeals court OK’s doctor testimony in baby death case
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio appeals court has ruled that doctors can testify in the case of a former high school cheerleader charged with killing and burying her newborn baby near her family’s house.
Attorneys for Brooke Skylar Richardson wanted to bar prosecutors from presenting ...
Arbitrator orders officer seen hitting suspect rehired
EUCLID, Ohio (AP) — An arbitrator has ruled that a police officer fired after he was seen on video hitting a man during a traffic stop be reinstated to an Ohio police force.
The ruling issued Monday says Euclid’s (YOO’-klihdz) mayor didn’t have cause to fire Patrolman Michael Amiott. Video ...
- Cleveland.comElyria police officers chase car reported as stolen, later learn owner was drivingOctober 23, 2018
- Cleveland.comOhio Republican Party slate card contains erroneous voting informationOctober 23, 2018
- Cleveland.comCloudy and cold: Northeast Ohio Wednesday weather forecastOctober 23, 2018
- Cleveland.comKent State University President Beverly Warren to step down in JulyOctober 23, 2018
- Cleveland.comBond set at $250,000 for Conneaut mother charged in death of 13-month-old daughterOctober 23, 2018
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) _ Huntington Bancshares Inc. (HBAN) on Tuesday reported third-quarter profit of $378 million.
The bank, based in Columbus, Ohio, said it had earnings of 33 cents per share.
The results surpassed Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of 10 analysts ...
MARIETTA, Ohio (AP) _ Peoples Bancorp Inc. (PEBO) on Tuesday reported third-quarter earnings of $12.7 million.
The bank, based in Marietta, Ohio, said it had earnings of 65 cents per share. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring costs, were 69 cents per share.
The results beat Wall ...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Two Ohio inmates have been charged in separate knife attacks at a prison in assaults that severely wounded a guard and injured four prisoners who were unable to defend themselves because they were handcuffed to a table.
The injured guard, Matthew Matthias, suffered 32 ...
Court hears case of inmate who killed girlfriend’s parents
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The Ohio Supreme Court has set oral arguments in the case of a man convicted of killing his ex-girlfriend’s parents with a sledgehammer 10 days after stabbing their daughter.
Shawn Ford Jr. was convicted by a Summit County jury in 2015 of aggravated murder and other ...
OSU’s Haskins racks up big yardage in big loss to Purdue
Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins set career highs in completions and passing yards, and he even connected on 67.1 percent of his throws.
That Haskins did all that in a 49-20 loss at Purdue was further proof that trying to win by going almost exclusively through the air typically doesn’t ...
Browns’ Jackson not pointing fingers, will “help” offense
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Hue Jackson only wants to help. Honestly.
A day after Cleveland’s embattled coach strongly suggested he might take control of his team’s sputtering offense following an overtime loss at Tampa Bay, Jackson said he was merely offering assistance to coordinator Todd Haley ...
UPPER ARLINGTON, Ohio (AP) — Police say a man has been arrested in connection with a body found burning in a park in Ohio.
A statement from police in the Columbus suburb of Upper Arlington says 27-year-old Mohamed Abdullahi was arrested Monday on arson and corpse abuse charges in ...
NEWARK, Ohio (AP) _ Park National Corp. (PRK) on Monday reported third-quarter profit of $24.8 million.
The Newark, Ohio-based bank said it had earnings of $1.56 per share.
The financial services holding company posted revenue of $104.3 million in the period. Its revenue net of ...
ASHTABULA, Ohio (AP) — Prosecutors in Ohio say a driver accused of causing a crash that killed four people, including a young boy, has four prior convictions for operating a vehicle under the influence.
Donte Conard appeared Monday in an Ashtabula courtroom. The 48-year-old Ashtabula man ...
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
The Akron Beacon Journal, Oct. 21
The Paris climate agreement of 2015 pledges to hold the increase in the global average temperature to “well below 2 degrees (Celsius) above ...
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) — Six weeks ago, the notion of Purdue fans swarming the field seemed about as far-fetched as beating Ohio State.
After losing to Eastern Michigan on a last-second field goal, the season appeared lost, their bowl hopes shattered and the troubling turnovers, ...
How a state panel of sports writers and broadcasters rates Ohio high school football teams in the weekly Associated Press poll of 2018, by OHSAA divisions, with won-lost record and total points (first-place votes in parentheses):
Clergy members allege discrimination in police division
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Members of the clergy in Ohio’s capital city are demanding changes regarding allegations of a climate of discrimination in its police department.
More than 30 members signed a letter that was recently delivered to Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther’s office asking for ...
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Police say a suspect has been arrested in Ohio in the fatal off-campus shooting of a 22-year-old Michigan State University student.
The man’s name wasn’t immediately released Monday. But police in East Lansing, Michigan, say he’s 30 years old and from ...
Bucking trend, Ohio moved fast to use federal opioid money
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio didn’t hesitate to spend the first round of federal funding targeting the country’s opioid crisis, unlike other states that also expanded Medicaid under the national health care law, records show.
State officials spent $19 million, or about 73 percent, of the ...
WAPAKONETA, Ohio (AP) — The Ohio hometown of the first man to walk on the moon has begun a months-long celebration honoring the 50th anniversary of Neil Armstrong’s achievement.
The Wapakoneta (wah-puh-kuh-NET’-uh) native stepped onto the moon July 20, 1969. Cleveland.com
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — The Akron Zoo in Ohio has announced a $17 million expansion plan that includes a new exhibit featuring lions and tigers.
Zoo officials say the Pride of Africa area will open in May 2019, and the Wild Asia area will open in summer 2020.
The zoo will also expand its ...
Clemson is back at No. 2 in The Associated Press college football poll behind top-ranked Alabama, moving up to where it started, after a convincing victory and Ohio State’s first loss of the season.
The Crimson Tide are a unanimous No. 1, with ...
State ACLU sues to overturn county-wide homeless camp ban
CINCINNATI (AP) — A civil rights organization is asking an appeals court to overturn a ruling that bans homeless camps in a southwestern Ohio county.
The ACLU of Ohio has sued on behalf of a church that wants to house homeless people on its private property.
An August ruling by Judge ...
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) — The state has suggested that a shuttered injection well linked to two small earthquakes in northeast Ohio could resume operations if the owner submits an acceptable plan.
The Ohio Division of Oil & Gas Resources Management urged the Ohio Supreme Court in an Oct. ...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — How the top teams in the weekly Associated Press state boys football poll fared:
State lawmakers push for teen driving permits to last 1 year
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Sponsors of an Ohio bill that would increase the amount of time new drivers would be required to hold permits say they want to see it become law by year’s end.
Reps. Gary Scherer, a Circleville Republican, and Michael Sheehy (SHEE’-hee), an Oregon Democrat, recently ...
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) — Montgomery VanGorder threw for one touchdown and ran for another, Tevin McCaster rushed for 176 yards and a touchdown and Youngstown State defeated South Dakota 29-17 on Saturday night.
The Penguins (3-4, 2-2 Missouri Valley Conference) cashed in on an ...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — In just his second game back after a nearly 10-month absence, Corey Crawford showed he is already in top form.
Crawford stopped 37 shots to get his first win since late December, and Patrick Kane had two goals and an assist, as the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Columbus ...
Nicholas County 46, Independence 18
Steubenville Cath. Cent., Ohio 70, Madonna 6
Brown, Renacci spar again in 2nd Ohio US Senate debate
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Candidates in Ohio’s U.S. Senate campaign on Saturday argued in a second debate over different positions on taxes, immigration, gun control, climate change, the influence of money on politics and health care.
In opening remarks, Sherrod Brown, the two-term incumbent ...
KENT, Ohio (AP) — Kato Nelson completed a pass to Andre Williams for an 8-yard score in overtime and Akron’s defense stopped a 2-point conversion as the Zips beat Kent State 24-23 on a rainy Saturday to keep the wooden Wagon Wheel trophy for the fourth straight year.
Kent State had the ...
Murray State alone in first in OVC after beating EKU 34-6
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP) — Drew Anderson threw for two touchdowns and Murray State beat Eastern Kentucky 34-6 on Saturday to take over sole possession of first place in the Ohio Valley Conference.
The Racers (4-3, 4-0) are the only team unbeaten in conference play after Jacksonville State (5-2, ...
WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP) — Reeling after a late charge by Miami of Ohio forced overtime, Army regrouped and won again at Michie Stadium.
Darnell Woolfolk scored on a bruising 7-yard run up the middle in the second overtime, sophomore quarterback Cam Thomas rushed for 137 yards and one ...
ATHENS, Ohio (AP) — Nathan Rourke threw for four touchdowns on eight completions and Ohio defeated Bowling Green 49-14, spoiling the debut of interim head coach Carl Pelini on Saturday.
Pelini took over the Falcons (1-7, 0-4 Mid-American) this week after Mike Jinks was fired following a ...
Lauer leads the way in Drake’s 28-17 win over Dayton
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — Drew Lauer had 28 carries for 140 yards and two touchdowns to lead Drake to a 28-17 win against Dayton on Saturday.
Drake (4-2, 3-1 Pioneer Football League) has won four of its last five, and the Bulldogs defense has surrendered just 13.4 points a contest over that ...
Robert Morris edges Division II Central State (Ohio) 49-45
MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP) — Jimmy Walker threw for 162 yards and four touchdowns and Robert Morris beat Division II Central State (Ohio) 49-45 on Saturday.
RMU had 539 yards of offense, its most since 2001.
Freshman Alijah Jackson rushed for 153 yards and a touchdown and Terence ...
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Freshman Jaret Patterson rushed for two touchdowns in the fourth quarter as Buffalo rallied from 10 points down to defeat Toledo 31-17 on Saturday and remain undefeated in the Mid-America Conference.
Buffalo (7-1, 4-0) is off to its best start since the 1959 season and ...