COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Former students alleging sexual abuse by a former Ohio State University team doctor are pleading with the school’s trustees not to dismiss or minimize victims’ claims.
Seven accusers of Dr. Richard Strauss told trustees Friday his actions have caused them long-term ...
- Ill inmate suggests firing squad as execution alternative
- Judge: Inmate drug reaction wasn't enough to stop execution
- Condemned Ohio killer of 2 wants September execution delayed
- Child killer put to death in first Ohio execution in 3 years
- US Supreme Court denies stay of execution for Ohio convict
- Appeals court ruling opens door to Ohio resuming executions
- Ohio could have path to obtaining long-sought execution drug
- Ohio governor delays 9 executions as court fight continues
- Witnessing death: AP reporters describe problem executions
- New Ohio lethal injection process rejected by appeals court
- Death row inmates' lawyers want to witness other executions
- A look at the status of the death penalty in several states
Jury awards $5M each to men wrongfully imprisoned for murder
EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) — A jury has awarded $5 million each to three Ohio men who spent almost 20 years in jail after being wrongfully imprisoned for murder.
Cleveland.com reports that jurors decided East Cleveland police officers violated the ...
- Hardaway, Knicks give Cavs 4th loss in 5 games, 114-95
- Nets overcome James' triple-double, beat Cavaliers 112-107
- Cavs' Dwyane Wade sidelined with bruised knee
- Tough millennial: Jaylen Brown could be Celtics' X-factor
- AP Interview: Wade wants to wear Heat jersey again _ someday
- It's done: Wade makes it official, signs with Cleveland
- Irving-Thomas deal continues NBA summer of blockbuster moves
- AP source: Cavaliers owner, Billups met for 2nd straight day
- Cavaliers watch NBA draft as Billups watch continues
- Cleveland Cavaliers players, coaches serve Thanksgiving dinner to young students (video)
- 'Shell-shocked' Pistons slapped around by LeBron, Cavs
- Cavaliers win 5th straight in 116-88 rout of Pistons
- Cleveland Cavs could remain in The Q through 2044, according to new lease
- Iman Shumpert, Teyana Taylor's reality show picked up by VH-1
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers meet Keenu Not on subway: 60-Second Know-It-All (video)
- LeBron James scores 31 points, Cavaliers top Hornets 115-107
- Hardaway hits late 3 to lift Knicks over Jazz 106-101
- Parents of Ohio student speak out against North Korea
- Parents of Ohio student speak out against North Korea
- US ban on travel North Korea kicks in, with few exceptions
- Americans fly out from North Korea before US travel ban
- US bans travel for Americans to NKorea after Warmbier death
- Hometown Mourners Remember Otto Warmbier
- Student detained in N Korea is mourned at hometown funeral
- Ohio Community Gathers to Honor Otto Warmbier
- US student freed by North Korea in a coma dies at age 22
- A look at baseball's greatest teams _ one for each franchise
- AP source: Mets tab Indians coach Mickey Callaway as manager
- Brantley has surgery, Indians weighing options on his future
- Indians' Encarnacion held out of Game 3 with sprained ankle
- Bullpen aces ready to follow Andrew Miller's lead this fall
- Indians overcome injuries to win Central, eye Series title
- 22 and through: Indians' AL record win streak stopped at 22
- Catch 22: Indians rally, win AL-record 22nd straight game
- LeBron James congratulates Indians on 21-game winning streak
- Roaring 20: Indians equal AL record with 20th straight win
Former Ohio State students air claims of sex abuse by doctor
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio State University trustees are hearing directly from former students who say they were sexually abused by a team doctor, allegations that span the late physician’s two decades at the school.
Seven accusers of Dr. Richard Strauss are scheduled to talk about how the ...
Ohio unemployment rate unchanged from September to October
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — State officials say Ohio’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate was unchanged from September to October.
The state’s unemployment rate remained at 4.6 percent last month, down from 4.9 percent in October 2017.
The national rate was 3.7 percent, unchanged from ...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — With a top forward and their starting goaltender out sick, the Columbus Blue Jackets limped into the first intermission down two goals to the streaking Florida Panthers on Thursday night.
Then goalie Joonas Korpisalo found his rhythm, five Columbus players had a goal ...
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A bunch of newcomers carried Ohio State for much of the game against Creighton. When the Buckeyes called on their longest-tenured player, he delivered.
C.J. Jackson took a cross-court pass from Keyshawn Woods and launched the go-ahead 3-pointer with 2:10 to play and made ...
Toledo bowl eligible with 56-34 win over Kent State
KENT, Ohio (AP) — Bryant Koback ran 17 times for 192 yards and two touchdowns on Thursday night, and Toledo became bowl eligible with a 56-34 win over Kent State.
The Rockets (6-5, 4-3 Mid-American Conference) scored four straight touchdowns to lead 49-17 on Eli Peters’ 55-yard touchdown ...
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP) — Demajeo Wiggins and Justin Turner combined for 42 points as Bowling Green took an early lead and held off North Carolina Central for a 75-60 win on Thursday night in the first meeting between the schools.
Wiggins, who also pulled down 13 rebounds, was 10 of 11 ...
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Ohio Gov. John Kasich said Thursday while he remains undecided about another presidential run, the midterm election results could suggest a greater opening for an independent or third-party candidate.
Kasich made his second trip this year to New Hampshire, where he ...
Prosecutor: Ohio suspects talked revenge vs. investigators
CINCINNATI (AP) — Two women who are the mothers of two suspects in the massacre of a family, and the grandmothers of the other two, pleaded not guilty Thursday to misleading investigators of the crime, which went without any arrests for more than two years.
During the court hearing, a ...
CLEVELAND (AP) — Baker Mayfield is making a handoff from the heart.
The Browns rookie quarterback has teamed up with Barstool Sports to raise money for Special Olympics, an organization he first made a personal connection with while ...
- Cleveland.comShaker Heights High School hopeful the toughest times have passedNovember 16, 2018
- Cleveland.comCanopy hotel planned for downtown Cleveland’s Ohio Bell BuildingNovember 16, 2018
- Cleveland.comShaker Heights Schools settles on budget for Fernway Elementary renovationNovember 16, 2018
- Cleveland.comCleveland City Council’s Ken Johnson problem: Mark NaymikNovember 16, 2018
- Cleveland.comAnother 'heartbeat bill' clears Ohio House: Capitol LetterNovember 16, 2018
Wintry mix leads to hazardous roads, power outages in Ohio
CINCINNATI (AP) — A mix of freezing rain and ice in parts of Ohio created hazardous travel conditions across the state, left thousands without power and led to school delays and closings.
Multiple crashes were reported across the state Thursday morning.
Canton police Lt. John Bosley ...
Lawmakers pass ‘stand your ground’ bill, abortion limits
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Lawmakers in the Ohio House opened a lame-duck session by approving relaxed gun regulations and a strict anti-abortion bill, measures long sought by Republicans and at odds with outgoing GOP Gov. John Kasich.
The House on Thursday approved the so-called anti-abortion ...
WAVERLY, Ohio (AP) — The Latest on arrests in the slayings of eight family members in Ohio (all times local):
A prosecutor in Ohio says four suspects in the killing of eight family members talked about getting revenge against investigators, including the state top law ...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A law firm hired by Ohio State University to investigate a former team doctor accused of sexual misconduct against athletes and students hopes to wrap up its fact finding by the end of the year.
The investigators told the university’s governing board Thursday about ...
CINCINNATI (AP) — A prosecutor announced Thursday no one will face criminal charges for the failed response to a 16-year-old Ohio student who died trapped in a minivan parked near his school.
Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said his office thoroughly reviewed the Cincinnati police ...
No. 9 Ohio State (9-1, 6-1 Big Ten, No. 10 CFP) at Maryland (5-5, 3-4), noon EST (ABC).
Line: Ohio State by 14½.
Series record: Ohio State leads 4-0.
WHAT’S AT STAKE?
The Buckeyes are looking for their seventh consecutive 10-win season and to stay in the hunt for the Big ...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The creation of so-called “free speech zones” designated for protests and demonstrations would be prohibited at Ohio’s public college campuses under legislation introduced by two Republican lawmakers, who say it’s aimed at protecting free speech.
Pair of critically-endangered red wolves arrive at Akron Zoo
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — The Akron Zoo says two wolves that are a part of a critically endangered species have come to live at the zoo as part of a Species Survival Plan.
The red wolf is one of the world’s most endangered wolf species, and it is believed only about 60 wolves remain in the wild. ...
Rucker-Furlow’s pick-6 lifts Miami (Ohio) past NIU 13-7
DEKALB, Ill. (AP) — Ja’don Rucker-Furlow’s pick-6 helped Miami (Ohio) beat Northern Illinois 13-7 on Wednesday night.
Northern Illinois (7-4, 6-1 Mid-American Conference) had its six-game win streak snapped while Miami (5-6, 5-2) has won consecutive games after losing five in a row. It was ...
- BusinessWireBattelle Awarded $14.6 Million Task Order to Support Defense Technical Information CenterNovember 16, 2018
- BusinessWireKBRA Releases Rating Report for the State of Ohio’s GO Highway Capital Improvements BondsNovember 16, 2018
- BusinessWireCSB Bancorp, Inc. Declares Fourth Quarter Cash DividendNovember 16, 2018
No charges over mock rape complaints at haunted house
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — Police in northeast Ohio say they won’t file criminal charges in connection with a haunted house attraction where visitors complained that actors simulated raping them.
Springfield Township police said in a statement Wednesday that Akron Fright Fest actors had “used poor ...
ATHENS, Ohio (AP) — Nathan Rourke threw for three touchdowns and rushed for another, A.J. Ouellette had 196 yards rushing and three total scores, and Ohio upset Buffalo 52-17 on Wednesday night.
Ohio (7-4, 5-2 Mid-American Conference) needs to beat Akron next week and have Buffalo (9-2, ...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Alumni who say they’re victims of sexual misconduct by an Ohio State University team doctor allege more than 20 school officials and staff, including two athletic directors, knew of concerns about how the physician treated young men but didn’t stop him.
The list of ...
Gentry with 30 points, Wright State beats Toledo 84-74
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — Cole Gentry scored a career-best 30 points and Wright State beat Toledo 84-74 on Wednesday night.
Gentry was 9 of 15 from the field and hit all eight of his free throws for the Raiders (2-1). Billy Wampler added 17 points and four rebounds, Loudon Love had 14 points and ...
Child at center of Ohio mass killing is safe, family says
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A child at the center of a custody dispute that may have set off a gruesome Ohio massacre is safe in state custody, her great-grandfather said Wednesday, before one of the four suspects in the killings appeared in court.
Leonard Manley, whose daughter and ...
Police: Uncle shot, killed Cleveland reporter at his home
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Police in Ohio say a reporter found dead in a home was shot several times by her uncle, who then killed himself.
Perrysburg Township police in suburban Toledo said Wednesday that Robert Delamotte shot his niece, 30-year-old Nikki Delamotte.
Their bodies were found ...
School stops all fraternity’s activities after student dies
ATHENS, Ohio (AP) — A university in Ohio has ordered a fraternity chapter to stop all activities after a student who recently pledged the group died.
Ohio University said in a statement Tuesday that it ordered the Epsilon Chapter of Sigma Pi Fraternity to immediately stop “all ...
The Latest: Suspect waives extradition, will return to Ohio
WAVERLY, Ohio (AP) — The Latest on arrests in the slayings of eight family members in Ohio (all times local):
A suspect in the 2016 slaying of eight family members has agreed to return to Ohio following his arrest in Kentucky.
George “Billy” Wagner III was arrested after ...
Browns interim coach Williams to get shot at full-time gig
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — As John Dorsey prepares to make a critical decision he knows may shape Cleveland’s football fortunes, the Browns general manager spends a moment every day giving himself a pep talk.
And a stern warning.
“Just make sure you don’t mess it up, that’s what I tell ...
Report offers ideas for cleaning up, repurposing old mines
NORTON, Va. (AP) — A new report is highlighting ways to help cleanup and repurpose the sites of abandoned coal mines in Appalachia.
The report was released Tuesday and suggests projects that could be undertaken in states such as Kentucky, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia. Those states are ...
Police: Son of slain couple charged with aggravated murder
NORTH ROYALTON, Ohio (AP) — Police say the son of a couple found fatally shot in their suburban Cleveland home has been charged with aggravated murder.
North Royalton police say 44-year-old Michael Lucak (loo-SAK’) also was charged Tuesday with aggravated burglary and theft. It wasn’t ...
Insurer Nationwide cutting 1,100 jobs across country
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Nationwide intends to eliminate the jobs of about 1,100 employees across the country — around 3.6 percent of its workforce.
The insurance and financial services company says about 80 workers in Des Moines and 350 in Columbus, Ohio, were told Tuesday that their jobs ...
CLEVELAND (AP) — A judge is blocking Kent State University officials from charging $1,800 to provide security officers for a discussion planned at the student center featuring a gun-rights advocate whose September demonstration on the Ohio campus drew protesters.
The conservative student ...
Ohio Libertarians say they may sue to keep ballot access
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The Libertarian Party of Ohio says it may sue the state to force continued recognition of the minor political party.
Secretary of State Jon Husted says the Libertarians and Ohio Green Party lost ballot access because their respective candidates did not get 3 percent ...
WAVERLY, Ohio (AP) — Authorities arrested a family of four Tuesday in the gruesome 2016 slayings of eight people from another family in rural Ohio, a crime that prosecutors suggested stemmed from a custody dispute.
The announcement marked the culmination of a massive investigative effort ...
KENT, Ohio (AP) — Jalen Avery scored 17 points to lead six Kent State players in double figures, Philip Whittington had 11 points and 13 rebounds, and the Golden Flashes beat NAIA Shawnee State 90-69 on Tuesday night.
Newcomer Antonio Williams and BJ Duling each added 12 points for Kent ...
The College Football Playoff rankings held steady at the top, with Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame and Michigan an unchanged first four from last week.
The third rankings of the season were drama-free Tuesday night after every top-10 team won last weekend. In fact, the selection committee’s ...
Police: Reporter and her uncle found dead inside home
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Authorities in Ohio say two people found dead in a home died from gunshots, including a woman who was a reporter for Cleveland.com.
Perrysburg Township police in suburban Toledo say they found the two bodies Monday.
A coroner said Tuesday that 30-year-old Nikki ...
The Latest: “Thank God!” says massacre Facebook page leader
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The Latest on arrests in the 2016 killing of eight family members in Ohio (all times local):
A woman who has helped lead a social media group focused on the 2016 shootings of eight family members in rural Ohio says she’s both shocked and relieved at news ...
Police find no evidence of threat at hospital after reports
MEDINA, Ohio (AP) — Police in Ohio say they found no signs of anyone with a gun at a hospital after reports of an active shooter led to a lockdown.
Police in Medina (meh-DYE’-nuh) say they searched the hospital floor by floor Tuesday afternoon before allowing it to reopen.
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Police say human remains have been found along the shore of a creek in Ohio and authorities are trying to determine the person’s identity and cause of death.
Columbus police say officers responding to a call about a body near Big Walnut Creek found the decomposed ...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio State University has temporarily drained Mirror Lake in advance of a home game against the University of Michigan football team.
The school said in a statement that it is calling to end the unsanctioned tradition of the Mirror Lake jump. Last year, OSU agreed to ...
Police: 13-year-old boy found unresponsive in pool; dies
WICKLIFFE, Ohio (AP) — Police say a 13-year-old boy celebrating his birthday at a hotel swimming pool in Ohio was found unresponsive in the pool and died later at a hospital.
Police in the Cleveland suburb of Wickliffe say they were called to the pool for a possible drowning around 8:30 ...
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) — Garrett Covington scored 21 points, Olamide Pedersen had 14 points and 10 rebounds and Youngstown State beat Division III-member Heidelberg 106-83 on Monday night.
Devin Morgan’s 3-pointer a little more than five minutes in put the Penguins up 17-7. But the Student ...