Editorials from around Ohio
Recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A federal judge is allowing an Ohio prison pharmacist to destroy the state's supply of expired lethal injection drugs.
INDEPENDENCE, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky man accused of threatening to blow up a Planned Parenthood facility in Cincinnati was ordered held on $100,000 bond Monday after police found a "homemade...
- Ill inmate suggests firing squad as execution alternative
- Federal judge denies requests to halt 2 Ohio executionsSeptember 30, 2017
- Judge: Inmate drug reaction wasn't enough to stop execution
- Ohio court won't delay execution of condemned killer of 2September 7, 2017
- Condemned Ohio killer of 2 wants September execution delayed
- Child killer put to death in first Ohio execution in 3 years
- US Supreme Court denies stay of execution for Ohio convict
- Ohio argues against execution delays for 3 condemned inmatesJuly 21, 2017
- 3 condemned Ohio inmates ask high court to delay executionsJuly 18, 2017
- Appeals court ruling opens door to Ohio resuming executions
- Federal appeals court ruling on Ohio's 3-drug lethal injection method opens door to executionsJune 28, 2017
- Ohio could have path to obtaining long-sought execution drug
- Ohio governor delays 9 executions as court fight continues
- Witnessing death: AP reporters describe problem executions
- Ohio asks appeals court to review lethal injection processApril 12, 2017
- New Ohio lethal injection process rejected by appeals court
- 8 condemned Ohio killers receive new execution datesFebruary 10, 2017
- Federal judge refuses to lift order delaying Ohio executionsFebruary 8, 2017
- Death row inmates' lawyers want to witness other executions
- A look at the status of the death penalty in several states
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — A man charged with murder in the slayings of two women in Ohio in the 1970s has pleaded not guilty.
Seventy-five-year-old Gustave Sapharas pleaded not guilty Monday in...
LEBANON, Ohio (AP) — In a story Sept. 13 about an Ohio woman convicted of corpse abuse after the death of her newborn, The Associated Press omitted the potential sentence Brooke Skylar Richardson...
- Parents of Ohio student speak out against North Korea
- Parents of Ohio student speak out against North Korea
- US ban on travel North Korea kicks in, with few exceptions
- Americans fly out from North Korea before US travel ban
- US bans travel for Americans to NKorea after Warmbier death
- Hometown Mourners Remember Otto Warmbier
- Student detained in N Korea is mourned at hometown funeral
- Ohio Community Gathers to Honor Otto Warmbier
- US student freed by North Korea in a coma dies at age 22
- Talked out: Cavs drop 4th straight day after team meetingNovember 2, 2017
- Hardaway, Knicks give Cavs 4th loss in 5 games, 114-95
- Nets overcome James' triple-double, beat Cavaliers 112-107
- Cavs' Dwyane Wade sidelined with bruised knee
- Tough millennial: Jaylen Brown could be Celtics' X-factor
- AP Interview: Wade wants to wear Heat jersey again _ someday
- It's done: Wade makes it official, signs with Cleveland
- Irving-Thomas deal continues NBA summer of blockbuster moves
- AP Source: Cavaliers agree to terms with Cedi OsmanJuly 12, 2017
- Cavaliers announce Jeff Green signingJuly 11, 2017
- AP Source: Cavaliers re-sign Korver for 3 years, $22 millionJuly 2, 2017
- Cavaliers sign veteran point guard Jose CalderonJuly 2, 2017
- AP source: Cavaliers owner, Billups met for 2nd straight day
- Cavaliers watch NBA draft as Billups watch continues
- Cleveland Cavaliers donate $875,000 to Habitat for HumanityJune 23, 2017
- Cleveland Cavaliers players, coaches serve Thanksgiving dinner to young students (video)
- 'Shell-shocked' Pistons slapped around by LeBron, Cavs
- Cavaliers win 5th straight in 116-88 rout of Pistons
- Cleveland Cavs could remain in The Q through 2044, according to new lease
- Iman Shumpert, Teyana Taylor's reality show picked up by VH-1
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers meet Keenu Not on subway: 60-Second Know-It-All (video)
- LeBron James scores 31 points, Cavaliers top Hornets 115-107
- Hardaway hits late 3 to lift Knicks over Jazz 106-101
- Tampa Bay Rays hire Matt Quatraro as 3rd base coachOctober 24, 2017
- A look at baseball's greatest teams _ one for each franchise
- AP source: Mets tab Indians coach Mickey Callaway as manager
- Brantley has surgery, Indians weighing options on his future
- New York Yankees beat Cleveland Indians 5-2 in Game 5, advance to face Houston Astros in AL Championship SeriesOctober 12, 2017
- Indians' Encarnacion held out of Game 3 with sprained ankle
- Bullpen aces ready to follow Andrew Miller's lead this fall
- Indians overcome injuries to win Central, eye Series title
- 22 and through: Indians' AL record win streak stopped at 22
- Cleveland Indians' American League-record winning streak ends at 22 games with 4-3 loss to Kansas City RoyalsSeptember 16, 2017
- Catch 22: Indians rally, win AL-record 22nd straight game
- LeBron James congratulates Indians on 21-game winning streak
- Roaring 20: Indians equal AL record with 20th straight win
LITHONIA, Ga. (AP) — Rapper Kanye West brought his collection of choir singers and musicians to an Atlanta-area megachurch for his religious popup performance called "Sunday Service."
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ghostly apparitions will again descend on the Ohio Statehouse during this year's Haunted Statehouse tours.
Ticket sales are underway for the celebration of state...
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — A university research corporation in Ohio says it will be the lead agency in a $49 million effort to strengthen the relationship between the Air Force and businesses and...
CINCINNATI (AP) — The ice cream was sweet, the Holiday Inn was quiet, the bonding time was plentiful. The San Francisco 49ers enjoyed their weeklong stay in Youngtown, Ohio, which got them ready...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio has received $17.8 million to generate data on self-driving vehicles, an area of research in which the state is already playing a prominent role, according to the...
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — A baby snow leopard born at an Ohio zoo is now on exhibit.
Babochka is on display for the first time since her birth in March at the Toledo Zoo.
CINCINNATI (AP) — An amusement park in Ohio says it will soon begin removing all of the rides in its amusement section and focus on expanding its water-park area.
- Rome News-TribuneAssociated Press preseason All-America teamAugust 21, 2019
- The Journal GazetteThunderstorms expected into this eveningAugust 20, 2019
- Ludington Daily NewsCountry singer stirs crowd at Wilwin LodgeAugust 5, 2019
- The Washington TimesMitch McConnell breaks shoulder in fall at homeAugust 4, 2019
- The Herald-DispatchDevelopment agency seeks two new buildings, announces new tenantAugust 1, 2019
MARBLEHEAD, Ohio (AP) — Ohio's Department of Natural Resources says one of the state's lighthouses has been closed for exterior repairs.
Agency spokeswoman Maureen Kocot says the renovation...
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Mitchell Guadagni threw for 266 yards and three scores and Toledo dismantled FCS-level Murray State with a 45-0 win on Saturday.
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) — Isaiah Green threw two touchdown passes, including a 43-yard strike to Xavier Gaines that put Marshall ahead for good, and the Thundering Herd beat Ohio 33-31 on...
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP) — J'Mar Smith tossed two touchdown passes, Jaqwis Dancy ran for two scores and Amik Robertson added a pick-6 to propel Louisiana Tech to a 35-7 romp over Bowling Green on...
Cincinnati wins 14th straight over oldest rival
CINCINNATI (AP) — Ohioans Michael Warren II, from Toledo, and coach Luke Fickell, from Columbus, were not aware of this rivalry until they first arrived on the Cincinnati campus but have become...
Defense helps Youngstown State beat Duquesne 34-14
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) — Nathan Mays threw for 131 yards and ran for 63 yards and a score and the defense played a major role in Youngstown State's 34-14 win over Duquesne on Saturday.
Dobbins, Fields help No. 6 Ohio St. knock out Indiana 51-10
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) — Justin Fields and J.K. Dobbins keep finding holes in opposing defenses.
Their ability to take advantage of them quickly is turning Ohio State's dynamic duo into an...
USDA projects bid decrease in Ohio corn crop this year
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The U.S. Department of Agriculture projects that Ohio's corn crop will be down 34% compared with 2018.
The Columbus Dispatch reports USDA statistician Cheryl Turner...
Teen fatally shot, another wounded outside Cincinnati
LINCOLN HEIGHTS, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say one of two teens found shot in a village outside Cincinnati has died.
The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office has identified the teen killed Friday...
- Business WireInvacare Corporation Provides Business Update at Baird Global Healthcare ConferenceSeptember 5, 2019
- Business WireAdvanced Drainage Systems Announces Launch of Common Stock OfferingSeptember 3, 2019
- Business WireU.S. Urology Partners Supports Growth of Independent PracticesAugust 27, 2019
- Business WireExpress, Inc. Announces Appointment of Chief Merchandising Officer and Chief Marketing OfficerAugust 12, 2019
- Business WireAstute Introduces New and Improved Consumer Engagement CRM Software, Astute AgentJuly 29, 2019
Death penalty hearing scheduled for 1985 murder of Boy Scout
CINCINNATI (AP) — A federal appeals court will hear oral arguments later this year about whether an Ohio man should be executed for the torture, rape and murder of a 12-year-old Boy...
Ohio senators propose renaming NASA site for Neil Armstrong
SANDSUKY, Ohio (AP) — Ohio's U.S. senators want Congress to rename a NASA research facility in Ohio after astronaut Neil Armstrong.
Republican Rob Portman and Democrat Sherrod Brown...
Mayor vows Cleveland will compete to keep Sherwin-Williams
CLEVELAND (AP) — Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson says the city is working to keep Sherwin-Williams from leaving town.
The Fortune 500 paint company announced Thursday it's searching for a new...
Man who drove into hospital charged with aggravated murder
CANAL WINCHESTER, Ohio (AP) — A 44-year-old man who authorities say deliberately drove into an Ohio hospital entrance killing one person and injuring another has been charged with aggravated...
General Motors considering $175 million Ohio engine plant
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — General Motors says it's considering a $175 million truck engine plant in Ohio that could employ more than 100 people.
GM spokesman Dan Flores tells the Dayton Daily News...
Ohio gamer sentenced to 15 months prison in ‘swatting’ case
WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — An Ohio gamer upset about a $1.50 bet while playing Call of Duty: WWII online was sentenced Friday to 15 months in prison for recruiting a prankster to make a bogus emergency...
University in Ohio to host 4th Democratic debate in October
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The Democratic National Committee says the party's October presidential debate will take place at a small university in Ohio.
Fatal truck attack at medical center kills 1, injures 2
CANAL WINCHESTER, Ohio (AP) — One person has died after a truck crashed into an Ohio medical facility in what authorities are investigating as an intentional attack.
WVU basketball exhibition to benefit Ohio shooting victims
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — West Virginia will play an exhibition men's basketball game to benefit the victims and families affected by a mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio.
Cloudy with a chance of dragonflies? Swarms visible on radar
WAYNESBORO, Pa. (AP) — Swarms of dragonflies are taking over several western Pennsylvania communities and have even showed up on weather radar.
Authorities say Ohio prisoner ran international drug ring
CLEVELAND (AP) — Federal authorities say a Mexican citizen incarcerated at a privately run Ohio prison used a smuggled cellphone to run an international drug ring that brought opioid pills,...
Energy Focus: 2Q Earnings Snapshot
SOLON, Ohio (AP) _ Energy Focus Inc. (EFOI) on Friday reported a loss of $2.3 million in its second quarter.
The Solon, Ohio-based company said it had a loss of 18 cents per share.
Man struck, killed minutes after release from Ohio jail
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Police say an Ohio man was struck by two vehicles and killed just minutes after being released from jail.
The Columbus Dispatch reports that 49-year-old Douglas W. Cook...
Lawyer: School threat was an attempt to get girl’s attention
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) — A lawyer says a Pennsylvania man's social media threat to shoot suburban Cleveland high school students was a misguided attempt to get in touch with a girl at the...
County commissioner announces retirement after 2 decades
CINCINNATI (AP) — An Ohio county commissioner says he will not run for re-election because his cancer has returned.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports Hamilton County Commissioner Todd Portune...
Blue Jackets look to move past drama of departing stars
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The offseason drama churned up by the exodus of some of their top stars is now behind the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Browns lean on bond to support Smith after girlfriend killed
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Chris Smith's football family is comforting him through the toughest days of his life.
Smith was surrounded by most of his Browns teammates Wednesday, hours after the...
Settlement money won’t restore Ohio city upended by opioids
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — The tentative settlement involving the opioid crisis and the maker of OxyContin could mean that thousands of local governments will one day be paid back for some of the costs of...