Toastmasters Salutes Five Inspirational Females on International Women’s Day
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., March 5, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- More than half of Toastmasters International’s 358,000-plus members are females who joined Toastmasters to become more confident and competent communicators and leaders. Women are also prominent members of the organization’s leadership structure and make up the majority of the 2019-2020 Board of Directors.
“Our organization continues to find ways to empower women and help them find their voices,” says Lark Doley, Toastmasters’ 2018-19 Immediate Past International President. “Our female members support one another, and mentoring among women has played a crucial role in members developing the essential skills for successful professional and personal lives.”
In honor of International Women’s Day on March 8, Toastmasters International salutes these five inspirational females:
- Susan Cain is the author of the New York Times best-seller Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking. Cain, a self-proclaimed introvert, co-founded Quiet Revolution, a mission-based company with initiatives in the areas of children (parenting and education), lifestyle, and the workplace.
- Farzana Chohan is Toastmasters’ Region 5 Advisor and an accomplished speaker and author. Chohan is the founder of Leadership IN Women, a platform to connect and inspire female leaders around the world. Chohan’s work focuses on mentoring and leadership; two fields she believes are key to professional development among women.
- Margaret Page is Toastmasters’ 2019-20 First Vice President as well as an entrepreneur and investor. As a champion for women in politics, Page has been active in supporting, developing, and delivering campaign schools for women in British Columbia and beyond to provide them with the tools to serve at three levels of government – municipal, provincial, and federal.
- Rochelle Rice is a nationally recognized speaker, author, and educator with a passion for empowering lives through movement. Rice is the author of Real Fitness for Real Women and delivers keynotes, seminars, webinars, and online presentations for women in business and leadership.
- U.S. Army Major General Laura Yeager became the first woman to command a U.S. Army infantry division in June 2019. Yeager now leads the Army National Guard’s 40th Infantry Division, based in her home state of California. The division includes 10,000 soldiers, mainly from the West Coast of the U.S. and areas such as Hawaii and Guam.
To schedule an interview with a successful female Toastmasters leader, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find a local Toastmasters club where you can develop or improve your presentation and leadership skills, visit www.toastmasters.org/findaclub.
About Toastmasters International
Toastmasters International is a worldwide nonprofit educational organization that empowers individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., the organization’s membership exceeds 358,000 in more than 16,800 clubs in 143 countries. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people from diverse backgrounds become more confident speakers, communicators and leaders. For information about local Toastmasters clubs, please visit www.toastmasters.org. Follow @Toastmasters on Twitter.
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/toastmasters-salutes-five-inspirational-females-on-international-womens-day-301016862.html
SOURCE Toastmasters International