BOSTON (AP) — Companies that refuse to digitally alter the skin tone and body size of advertising models would get a financial boost under a bill filed by Massachusetts lawmakers.
(The Conversation is an independent and nonprofit source of news, analysis and commentary from academic experts.)
Matthew Coggon, University of Colorado
MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — While the nation was absorbed with the seeds of hatred sown by white supremacists in Charlottesville, Virginia, Adriana Flores was plotting to grow a tiny bit of love in her community.
Flores launched a twist on the 'free little library' craze. That's where small cupboards are stationed by sidewalks and offer free books to passers-by.
Instead of books, Flores it stocking hers with tampons, pads and other personal care items free for the taking.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Susan Grenon makes sure her son is lathered with sunscreen before he leaves for school in the morning, but the fair-skinned 10-year-old can't bring a bottle to reapply it without a doctor's note.
Many school systems categorize sunscreen as an over-the-counter medication requiring special paperwork, but several states have been pushing to loosen restrictions to make it easier for kids to protect themselves from skin cancer.
Lee Blaney, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- PR NewswireWalker & Company Brands Appoints Tia Cummings as New Vice President of MarketingNovember 22, 2019
- Business WireBalancing Natural & Synthetic Ingredients in the Personal Care & Cosmetics Market (2019-2023) - ResearchAndMarkets.comNovember 21, 2019
- Business WireThe Future of the World Industrial Oils Market (2019-2025): Focus on Biofuel, Paints & Coatings, Cosmetics & Personal Care Products, and Pharmaceuticals - ResearchAndMarkets.comJuly 12, 2019
- Business Wire$19.6 Billion Low Foam Surfactants (Non-ionic, Amphoteric, Cationic) Market - Global Forecast to 2024 - ResearchAndMarkets.comJune 28, 2019
- Business WireGlobal $9.2B Facial Cleanser Market by Product Type, Product Form, End-user, Skin Characteristics, Gender, and Region - Forecast to 2023 - ResearchAndMarkets.comApril 23, 2019