WASHINGTON (AP) — Democratic Rep. Katie Hill of California resigns from Congress amid ethics probe.
PARIS (AP) — France's government on Wednesday presented a bill on cleaning up political ethics after years of corruption scandals — even as investigations haunt members of President Emmanuel Macron's new government.
Justice Minister Francois Bayrou unveiled the draft law on "restoring trust" in politics to the Cabinet. It is the first major legislation by Macron's administration.
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico voters will decide next year whether to create an independent political ethics commission in an effort to shore up trust in government after a string of corruption scandals.
The state Legislature on Friday approved a constitutional amendment that calls for creating a seven-member body to investigate ethics violations and apply sanctions.
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico voters could be asked next year whether to create an independent political ethics commission in the wake of a recent string of corruption scandals.
The Legislature inched closer Thursday to approval of a proposed constitutional amendment that calls for creating a seven-member body to investigate ethics violations and sanction violators.
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — The Latest on efforts to create an independent political ethics committee in New Mexico (all times local):
A proposal to create an independent political ethics commission in New Mexico is being sent to a conference committee to resolve disagreements between the state House and Senate.
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — A proposal to create an independent political ethics commission in New Mexico is headed to the Senate floor for a vote after winning a crucial committee endorsement.
The Senate Rules committee on Wednesday endorsed a constitutional amendment to create a seven-member ethics commission with the authority to issue subpoenas and civil penalties. Full Senate approval would send the initiative to a statewide vote in November 2018.
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Efforts to reform New Mexico's political ethics and campaign finance regulations are off to a fast start in the state Legislature amid recent high-profile corruption scandals and public pressure for changes.
- The ConversationHouse impeachment inquiry may help restore the political and social norms that Trump floutsNovember 13, 2019 GMT
- The ConversationIs it ethical for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg to accept a $1 million prize? Yes, but it's hard to explainOctober 29, 2019 GMT
- The ConversationThis overdose-reversal medicine could reduce opioid deaths – so why don't more people carry it?October 21, 2019 GMT
- The ConversationGames blamed for moral decline and addiction throughout historyOctober 9, 2019 GMT
- The ConversationThe strange connection between Bobby Kennedy's death and Scooby-DooSeptember 23, 2019 GMT