People who see dermatologists for the skin condition psoriasis should not take the presence of joint aches and pains lightly, as the two things might be connected The National Psoriasis Foundation notes that psoriasis is a precursor to psoriatic arthritis in 30 percent of patients.
GENEVA (AP) — Swiss pharmaceuticals company Novartis says net income jumped 12 percent in the first quarter, pointing to explosive growth in its heart-failure drug Entresto as its rollout continues, and powerful double-digit percentage growth for psoriasis drug Cosentyx.
My experience with plaque psoriasis: How I took control of my symptoms
(BPT) - Robert was in his early twenties when he began noticing patches of dry, red, and scaly skin. As a working chef living in California who enjoyed hiking, biking, and spending time at the beach, he tried to keep living his life as normally as possible, until the noticeable stares and reactions from strangers started to affect him. Robert started to try and hide his skin, wearing long sleeves and pants all the time, even at work and in the warm California weather.
Dear Mayo Clinic: Is there any way to know what causes psoriasis? What’s the best way to treat it?
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — U.S. regulators approved a new psoriasis drug from Johnson & Johnson Thursday, giving people with the itchy and painful condition another treatment option.
Johnson & Johnson said that in one patient study, about seven in 10 patients getting the drug, Tremfya, had clear or nearly clear skin after 24 weeks of treatment. That compares with about four in 10 patients receiving rival AbbVie's Humira, which treats several immune disorders and is the world's top selling drug.
Novartis profit slips as key drug goes generic
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — Swiss drug company Novartis saw net profit slip in the third quarter as the loss of a key drug to generic use in the United States outweighed strong sales of its psoriasis drug Cosentyx and MS treatment Gilenya.
Core net income fell 2 percent to $2.94 billion from $2.99 billion in the previous-year quarter. The loss of Gleevec, used to treat chronic myeloid leukemia, to generic use hurt sales revenue.
- Globe NewswireEvelo Biosciences Reports Positive EDP1815 Interim Clinical Data in Psoriasis Patients at Low Dose in Ongoing Phase 1b TrialAugust 6, 2019
- Business WireGlobal Plaque Psoriasis Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2027 - ResearchAndMarkets.comJune 21, 2019
- Business WireNew data show that LEO Pharma’s Kyntheum® (brodalumab) sustains PASI 100 scores longer than ustekinumab for people with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasisApril 25, 2019
- Business WireStudy Demonstrates Improved Phototherapy Treatment Adherence by Patients Treating with the Connected Clarify Home Light Therapy SystemApril 23, 2019
- Business WireLEO Pharma A/S and LTS Lohmann Therapie-Systeme AG Initiate First-Ever Clinical Trial of Microarray Patches for Psoriasis TreatmentMarch 19, 2019