People who see dermatologists for the skin condition psoriasis should not take the presence of joint aches and pains lightly, as the two things might be connected The National Psoriasis Foundation notes that psoriasis is a precursor to psoriatic arthritis in 30 percent of patients.
GENEVA (AP) — Swiss pharmaceuticals company Novartis says net income jumped 12 percent in the first quarter, pointing to explosive growth in its heart-failure drug Entresto as its rollout continues, and powerful double-digit percentage growth for psoriasis drug Cosentyx.
My experience with plaque psoriasis: How I took control of my symptoms
(BPT) - Robert was in his early twenties when he began noticing patches of dry, red, and scaly skin. As a working chef living in California who enjoyed hiking, biking, and spending time at the beach, he tried to keep living his life as normally as possible, until the noticeable stares and reactions from strangers started to affect him. Robert started to try and hide his skin, wearing long sleeves and pants all the time, even at work and in the warm California weather.
Dear Mayo Clinic: Is there any way to know what causes psoriasis? What’s the best way to treat it?
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — U.S. regulators approved a new psoriasis drug from Johnson & Johnson Thursday, giving people with the itchy and painful condition another treatment option.
Johnson & Johnson said that in one patient study, about seven in 10 patients getting the drug, Tremfya, had clear or nearly clear skin after 24 weeks of treatment. That compares with about four in 10 patients receiving rival AbbVie's Humira, which treats several immune disorders and is the world's top selling drug.
Novartis profit slips as key drug goes generic
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — Swiss drug company Novartis saw net profit slip in the third quarter as the loss of a key drug to generic use in the United States outweighed strong sales of its psoriasis drug Cosentyx and MS treatment Gilenya.
Core net income fell 2 percent to $2.94 billion from $2.99 billion in the previous-year quarter. The loss of Gleevec, used to treat chronic myeloid leukemia, to generic use hurt sales revenue.
- Business WireLEO Pharma and Research Project BIOMAP: Towards Personalised Medicine for Inflammatory Skin DiseasesApril 11, 2019
- Business WireModerate Psoriasis - 2019 Pipeline Insight Study by Developmental Stage, Associated Indications, Route of Administration and Molecule Type - ResearchAndMarkets.comApril 8, 2019
- ACCESSWIREGrahams Natural, an Australian Skin Care Company, is Now Available at 1,000 Lloyds Pharmacy Stores in the UKApril 4, 2019
- Business WireSevere Psoriasis - Pipeline Insight, 2019 - ResearchAndMarkets.comApril 1, 2019
- Business WireLead Pharma Announces Start of Phase I Clinical Trials with SAR441169 Candidate Treatment for PsoriasisMarch 21, 2019