Celgene will unload the psoriasis treatment Otezla for $13.4 billion to help make its acquisition by fellow drugmaker Bristol-Myers pass regulatory muster.
GENEVA (AP) — Swiss pharmaceuticals company Novartis says net income jumped 12 percent in the first quarter, pointing to explosive growth in its heart-failure drug Entresto as its rollout continues, and powerful double-digit percentage growth for psoriasis drug Cosentyx.
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — U.S. regulators approved a new psoriasis drug from Johnson & Johnson Thursday, giving people with the itchy and painful condition another treatment option.
Johnson & Johnson said that in one patient study, about seven in 10 patients getting the drug, Tremfya, had clear or nearly clear skin after 24 weeks of treatment. That compares with about four in 10 patients receiving rival AbbVie's Humira, which treats several immune disorders and is the world's top selling drug.
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — Swiss drug company Novartis saw net profit slip in the third quarter as the loss of a key drug to generic use in the United States outweighed strong sales of its psoriasis drug Cosentyx and MS treatment Gilenya.
Core net income fell 2 percent to $2.94 billion from $2.99 billion in the previous-year quarter. The loss of Gleevec, used to treat chronic myeloid leukemia, to generic use hurt sales revenue.
- PR NewswireBimekizumab Positive Results Confirmed in Second Phase 3 Psoriasis StudyNovember 15, 2019
- Business WireHCPLive® Launches ‘Advances in the Management of Plaque Psoriasis’ Video SeriesNovember 13, 2019
- PR NewswireJanssen Presents New Four-Year TREMFYA® (guselkumab) Data Demonstrating Maintained Rates of Skin Clearance in Adult Patients with Moderate to Severe Plaque PsoriasisOctober 18, 2019
- Business WireSamsung Bioepis Presents Real-world Data of BENEPALI™ (etanercept) in Patients with Psoriasis at European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) CongressOctober 9, 2019
- Globe NewswireEvelo Biosciences Reports Positive EDP1815 Interim Clinical Data in Psoriasis Patients at Low Dose in Ongoing Phase 1b TrialAugust 6, 2019