New Hampshire governor says police have responded to a shooting at a church in Pelham
PELHAM, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire governor says police have responded to a shooting at a church in Pelham.
Livestreaming site Twitch: Video showing shooting near German synagogue that killed 2 was streamed on its site
HALLE, Germany (AP) — Livestreaming site Twitch: Video showing shooting near German synagogue that killed 2 was streamed on its site .
Pope: Abortion is never OK, equates it to “hiring a hitman”
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis said Saturday that abortion can never be condoned, even when the fetus is gravely sick or likely to die, and urged doctors and priests to support families to carry...
Court affirms $50k payment in Islamic marriage agreement
DETROIT (AP) — A court says a Detroit-area man must pay his former wife $50,000 under the terms of their Islamic marriage certificate.
The man argued that a Wayne County judge exceeded her...
China protests US criticism of policies on religion
HONG KONG (AP) — China has issued a protest over remarks the U.S. ambassador-at-large for international religious freedom made criticizing Beijing's polices toward Muslim and Tibetan Buddhist...
Faith-based shelter fights to keep out transgender women
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A conservative Christian law firm that has pushed religious issues in multiple states urged a U.S. judge on Friday to block Alaska's largest city from requiring a faith-based women's shelter to accept transgender women.
Mavericks to investigate sexual misconduct allegations after Sports Illustrated report
Sports Illustrated published an article Tuesday night detailing alleged sexual misconduct by members of the Dallas Mavericks' front office.
Former Mavericks president and CEO Terdema Ussery and former Mavs.com team beat writer Earl K. Sneed are accused of various instances of sexual harassment and misogynistic behavior.
Sneed was arrested on Mavericks' property once following a domestic dispute, but continued to work for the team until being fired this week.
- The ConversationTurkish attack on Syria endangers a remarkable democratic experiment by the KurdsOctober 11, 2019
- The ConversationFundamentalism turns 100, a landmark for the Christian RightOctober 8, 2019
- The ConversationSpies and the White House have a history of running wild without congressional oversightSeptember 27, 2019
- The ConversationThe history of the cross and its many meanings over the centuriesSeptember 26, 2019
- The ConversationI researched Uighur society in China for 8 years and watched how technology opened new opportunities – then became a trapSeptember 24, 2019