The following is a list of nominees with the winners indicted with an asterisk (*) and the word “WINNER.”
ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Mary J. Blige, “Mudbound”
Allison Janney, “I, Tonya” *WINNER
Lesley Manville, “Phantom Thread”
Laurie Metcalf, “Lady ...
List of winners for the 90th Academy Awards presented Sunday by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences:
Best Picture: “The Shape of Water.”
Actor: Gary Oldman, “Darkest Hour.”
Actress: Frances McDormand, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.”
Academy Awards 2018: “The Shape of Water” would be a worthy Best Picture
CLEVELAND, Ohio - Guillermo del Toro’s “The Shape of Water” is an unlikely candidate to be nominated for a leading 13 Oscars. The nods the film got include in the categories of Best Movie, Best Director, Best Actress ...
DeKALB – When actor and DeKalb native Richard Jenkins learned he had received his second Academy Award nomination, his first thought was of his parents.
“The Shape of Water” is moving, stimulating the senses and blending the beauty of fantasy with the aversions of humanity and history. Guillermo del Toro and Vanessa Taylor wrote this deeply moving film that delves into what it means to love, accept and be compassionate, no matter the ...
Oscar veterans celebrate their time in the spotlight
‘It’s just fantastic’: Stars schmooze at Oscars Luncheon
‘The Shape of Water’ leads this year’s Academy Awards with 13 nominations.
Guillermo del Toro’s romantic creature feature is up for a host of top Oscars, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, Best Actress for Sally Hawkins and Best Supporting Actor for Richard ...
“The Shape of Water” is shaping up as the film to beat at this year’s Academy Awards.
Tuesday, it received 13 nominations, including nods for Best Picture, Actress (Sally Hawkins), Supporting Actor (Richard Jenkins), Supporting Actress (Octavia Spencer) and Director (Guillermo del Toro). ...
List of nominees for the Screen Actors Guild Awards
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) — A list of the nominees for the 24th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards, announced Wednesday in West Hollywood, California:
Actor: Timothee Chalamet, “Call Me By Your Name,” James Franco, “The Disaster Artist,” Daniel Kaluuya, “Get Out,” Gary ...
Looking back over the 53rd Chicago International Film Festival, or CIFF, which ended last weekend, there is a seemingly myriad number of films in as many categories. It’s difficult to pick just a few top films, but here are five to put on your list, some mainstream and others indie gems that ...
- Zendaya on Weinstein allegations: 'It's disgusting'
- Gabrielle Union hopes Weinstein scandal becomes day of reckoning for sexual predators
- Clooney hopes 'something good' will come from Weinstein allegations
- Streep, Lawrence and more stars react to Weinstein's ouster
- Jeff Bridges on Harvey Weinstein: 'his behavior was terrible.'
- Mark Ruffalo on Weinstein: ‘What Harvey did is wrong’
- Excerpts from George Clooney interview on Harvey Weinstein
- Mulligan and Farrell respond to Weinstein scandal
- Rita Moreno recounts sexual harrassment by studio exec
- Tessa Thompson on Weinstein: Why aren't men speaking out?
- Meryl Streep's full statement on Harvey Weinstein
- O'Donnell calls on women to speak out over abuse
- Jenkins on Weinstein allegations: 'You can't treat people like that. It's horrible'
- Dem senator: 'Makes sense' to reject Weinstein contributions
- Hemsworth on Weinstein allegations: 'It's horrible, it's awful'
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Reaction to the accusations of decades of sexual harassment by movie mogul Harvey Weinstein:
— “People get away with things they think they can get away with. And it’s all part of the... look, we do move forward in the world. I mean, I grew up, I’m 70 years old so I’ve ...
Not since Marlon Brando in “Apocalypse Now” murmured of “the horror” has such a brooding beast lurked deep within a war-ravaged jungle as the King Kong of “Kong: Skull Island.”
Yes, the big ape is back, this time with a rollicking ...
- Daily ChronicleOscar-nominated actor, DeKalb native Jenkins' tour concludes with honorsNovember 1, 2018
- Daily ChronicleDeKalb native actor Richard Jenkins talks acting, coming back homeOctober 31, 2018
- Daily ChronicleOscar nominee takes in the shape of his alma mater at DeKalb HighOctober 30, 2018
- Daily Chronicle'There's room for everybody': DeKalb native, Oscar nominee urges artists to pursue passionsOctober 27, 2018
- Daily ChronicleDeKalb native Richard Jenkins announces special film series at EgyptianMay 4, 2018