NEW YORK (AP) — Sometimes it seems like Gugu Mbatha-Raw is playing some crazy version of showbiz Bingo.
This is a woman who has assembled an astonishing variety of roles in her 36 years....
The romantic comedy, left for dead by most of the major studios, has been reborn on Netflix. Streaming algorithms have swooped in to resurrect an old genre formula.
- History-making 'Crazy Rich Asians' readies for release
- Wu's fight for 'Crazy Rich Asians' part of a bigger crusade
- Review: In 'Crazy Rich Asians,' a delightful new fairy tale
- 'There was magic in the air' on 'Crazy Rich Asians' set
- The wild ascent of 'Crazy Rich Asians' star Henry Golding
- Henry Golding's 'Cinderella' moment
- 'Crazy Rich Asian' stars bring their fashion A-game
- 'Crazy Rich Asians' spurs conversation over representation
- Kevin Kwan: Americans will embrace 'Crazy Rich Asians' movie
- 'Crazy Rich Asians' stars share their favorite Singaporean dishes
- The cast of 'Crazy Rich Asians' share bachelor party fails
- Once sidelined, romantic comedies rise again this summer
"I'll Have What She's Having: How Nora Ephron's Three Iconic Films Saved the Romantic Comedy" (Hachette), by Erin Carlson
Did writer and director Nora Ephron really save the romantic comedy? Are the three movies detailed here — "When Harry Met Sally ...," ''Sleepless in Seattle" and "You've Got Mail" — really iconic?