U.S. regulators on Friday approved a new medicine that can help reduce extremely painful sickle cell disease flare-ups.
The Food and Drug Administration approved Novartis AG’s Adakveo for...
CHICAGO (AP) — The mother of a Navy recruit who died after a boot camp run at an Illinois base earlier this year said she will seek another autopsy after a blood disorder was revealed to have...
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Advocates for people with sickle cell disease are criticizing Minnesota's lack of care, saying the number of related deaths in the state is unclear because officials don't track adult cases.
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — When 9-year-old Jeremy Brown is in pain, it feels like he is being stabbed, while the pain experienced by Deborah Oliver, 40, is like a hundred simultaneous charley horses.
Brown, of Bridgeport, and Oliver, of New Haven, have sickle cell disease, a genetic blood disorder that causes excruciating pain, life-threatening complications and a shortened life expectancy. Almost one-half of sickle cell patients die in their 40
A French teen who was given gene therapy for sickle cell disease more than two years ago now has enough properly working red blood cells to dodge the effects of the disorder, researchers report.
The first-in-the-world case is detailed in Thursday's New England Journal of Medicine.
- Business Wirebluebird bio to Present New Data from Gene and Cell Therapy Programs at 61st American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting and ExpositionNovember 6, 2019
- PR NewswireEmmaus Life Sciences Announces its Common Stock to Begin Trading on OTCQB September 26September 26, 2019
- Globe NewswireMYnd Analytics and Emmaus Life Sciences Announce Availability of Definitive Joint Proxy Statement/Prospectus Relating to Merger and Spin-off TransactionJune 12, 2019
- Business Wirebluebird bio to Present New Data from Clinical Studies of LentiGlobin™ Gene Therapy for Transfusion-Dependent β-thalassemia (TDT) and LentiGlobin Gene Therapy for Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) at the 24th EHA CongressMay 16, 2019
- Globe NewswireCRISPR Therapeutics and Vertex Announce FDA Fast Track Designation for CTX001 for the Treatment of Sickle Cell DiseaseJanuary 4, 2019